The 22 creedmoor thread

waspocrew

WKR
well, I don't own a 223 or a 22/250 so those aren't an option. And not worried about BC, shots will be only out to 300 yards max.
77 TMK at 22 CM velocity will be a straight up killer. Load with confidence!

I’m finishing up my loads with the 88 ELDM, but the TMKs will be up to bat soon.

Reactions: Duh
O they’ll kill I’m pretty sure [mention]Lawnboi [/mention] tried them on some closer range whitetails at the beginning of all this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
L

Lawnboi

WKR
so going to load up some 77gr TMKs for season this year. What powder and how much do you think?

I shot a 80.5gr at about 3400 (24" barrel) last year on the buck in the picture and it went only about 15 yards before diving headfirst into the dirt, no exit.

I was thinking about 41gr of H4350. 3400 with a TMK might be too devastating on them... lol

Close range at 3000 fps they were too much. I wouldn’t plan on any front quarters being viable.

My tikka 22 creedmoor seems to be opening up. Might have to clean it; unsure of round count but probably around 500 or so and I have not been careful with long strings/hot weather shooting.

On a side note..those 80gr eldx are almost twice the cost per bullet as 88s! Was considering trying them but that aspect is off putting.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
My tikka 22 creedmoor seems to be opening up. Might have to clean it; unsure of round count but probably around 500 or so and I have not been careful with long strings/hot weather shooting.

On a side note..those 80gr eldx are almost twice the cost per bullet as 88s! Was considering trying them but that aspect is off putting.
What barrel?

Ballen

FNG
Haven't seen any recent reviews of OMR carbon prefits, anyone have an opinion? Probably going 24" , I shoot 75 eldm out of a 22"@ 3508 with my current rig. Coyote hunting only basically. Would like to get in the mid/higher 35s with the 24"

brockel

WKR
so going to load up some 77gr TMKs for season this year. What powder and how much do you think?

I shot a 80.5gr at about 3400 (24" barrel) last year on the buck in the picture and it went only about 15 yards before diving headfirst into the dirt, no exit.

I was thinking about 41gr of H4350. 3400 with a TMK might be too devastating on them... lol
41gr of h4350 gets me 3100 from an 18” barrel

What barrel?
It’s a rechambered tikka 22-250. I have not done a good job keeping data on it but seemed to be 1.1-1.2” 10 shot groups and now 1.8”ish. Good setup with maven rs1.2 rokstock and sportsmatch rings with nail polish. Nothing has come loose or moved. I’ll have to shoot again to confirm it wasn’t a couple bad days at the range.

It’s pretty rusty on the outside of the barrel from snowy hunts last fall and now living on the coast..I am not very kind to ny equipment 😬

maybe there is some rust in the chamber/bore now.

In any case it’s killed a few deer now so I’ve had my moneys worth from it.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
It’s a rechambered tikka 22-250. I have not done a good job keeping data on it but seemed to be 1.1-1.2” 10 shot groups and now 1.8”ish. Good setup with maven rs1.2 rokstock and sportsmatch rings with nail polish. Nothing has come loose or moved. I’ll have to shoot again to confirm it wasn’t a couple bad days at the range.

It’s pretty rusty on the outside of the barrel from snowy hunts last fall and now living on the coast..I am not very kind to ny equipment 😬

maybe there is some rust in the chamber/bore now.

In any case it’s killed a few deer now so I’ve had my moneys worth from it.
Would be curious to see what’s going on with it. If it continues to open up and you swap it out, ship it my way I’ll pay shipping 👍🏻

Would be curious to see what’s going on with it. If it continues to open up and you swap it out, ship it my way I’ll pay shipping 👍🏻
I’ll let ya know. I already ordered a new prefit from unknown in anticipation of burning this one out by next season. In the meantime my 25 creedmoor continues to hammer and will get the nod for Idaho in a couple weeks 👍🏻