"The Church" .....Bighorn sheep hunt report

TheCougar

WKR
I grab my pack and begin the jaunt over there all the while dreading the climb up the wall. It was not fun whatsoever.
Upon my arrival, we all hugged, sat down and just sat there. Literally just sat there with tears. Pretty damn high emotions and I'm about as sappy as they come. Randy's brother had died about 5 years prior and he had his favorite knife and was wearing his hat. Tyler is Randy's nephew. A shot of Pendleton was consumed.View attachment 596779View attachment 596780

So..........as they always View attachment 596781View attachment 596782say, the work begins.
Congrats to you and your friends! That’s is beautiful and unforgiving country. I doubt I’ll ever draw a sheep tag, but I hope one day I get to tag along and help out on an adventure like yours. Well done!

OP
mtnwrunner

mtnwrunner

Super Moderator
Staff member
Congrats to you and your friends! That’s is beautiful and unforgiving country. I doubt I’ll ever draw a sheep tag, but I hope one day I get to tag along and help out on an adventure like yours. Well done!
Yeah, that's what I think so I feel very very fortunate to have been a part of it. I see why it's totally addicting. And the table fare is absolutely amazing.

Randy20230902_184911.jpg

Steve O

WKR
Classified Approved
I don’t know what’s going on but the system won’t let me load a screenshot I took of your photo of the ram only, looking out over what was his territory. THAT is the RokSlide “photo of the year”

Congratulations to all. Especially your buddy; I am officially jealous.

7mm-08

WKR
Great job on the effort to kill that ram. Nicely told story. Thank you. Frank Church rams are very difficult. I hunted in there a few years ago and the smoke was so thick the guy I was with ended up eating his tag. Congratulations to your friend and you were fortunate to have had the opportunity to participate in that adventure.

Epic story, thanks for posting. I'd say you guys got some good Karma Points for helping the guy with the broken down rig. Congrats on a great Ram!

Loco4dux

WKR
Is that ice in your red wine?

Wont hold it against ya, excellent write up thanks for sharing!!!