Stone Glacier Chilkoot 32 Degree Quilt Review ***Updated 1/23/23***

Zach Herold

Super Moderator
Staff member
I am testing out the Stone Glacier Quilt this season. First things I've noticed so far:
  • Very packable
  • Lightweight
  • Straps to secure to sleeping pad
  • Magnetic closure around neck
I have already used the quilt on 5 different occasions and am loving it so far. I plan to continue using it all the through hunting seasons and into December. As I am in the process of compiling footage and editing the final product review, do you have any questions about the product or aspects you would like me to cover?

***Update 1/23/23*** Stone Glacier Chilkoot 32 Degree Quilt Review

@robby denning @stoneglacier

Attachments

• DSC09410.jpg
    DSC09410.jpg
    146.9 KB · Views: 195
Last edited by a moderator:
OP
Zach Herold

Zach Herold

Super Moderator
Staff member
Is the quilt 8 feet long or what's going on in the photo?
Thats a fair question. No its closer to 7' (I can get exact measurements when I get home). I am 5'6" and its off the ground probably 10" plus the upper portion is slightly stretched due to how its being hung.

OP
Zach Herold

Zach Herold

Super Moderator
Staff member
Updates on use and function?
So far I absolutely love it. I sleep hot, so being able to put my feet out has been great. It seems to be very big, but I don't have another quilt to compare it to. I have not tested it in very cold temperatures yet because it hasn't gotten cold yet. When I am able to test it in colder temps I will update the thread.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
So far I absolutely love it. I sleep hot, so being able to put my feet out has been great. It seems to be very big, but I don't have another quilt to compare it to. I have not tested it in very cold temperatures yet because it hasn't gotten cold yet. When I am able to test it in colder temps I will update the thread.
Ya first frost in the high country didn’t hit till 3rd week September. Weird.

Looking forward to your review.

OP
Zach Herold

Zach Herold

Super Moderator
Staff member
@Zach Herold Hi Zach just curious if you had any updates? Did you get a chance to try it in colder temps? Have you found keeping drafts out an issue?
I actually just took it in damn cold temps and it performed awesome but a little cold weather knowledge and other gear was required to be able to use a quilt in temps like that. I will be covering it in the video!

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

OP
Zach Herold

Zach Herold

Super Moderator
Staff member
Just wanted to update the thread. I am currently still using the quilt on late season hunts.

Things I've noticed from using it on late season hunts:

1.) Works excellent to have on while glassing.

2.) The 32 degree rating can be pushed well beyond that. I have used it in 10-15 degree temperatures.

3.) The quilt works excellent when strapped to a good sleeping pad in cold weather. I coupled it with the grumman goose down pant and jacket from stone glacer and some down booties from feathered friends and I stayed comfortable. If the temps got colder, I just lit the fire in the stove from Seek Outside.

4.) I would have to say so far my favorite aspect of the quilt is the weight and the packability!

OP
Zach Herold

Zach Herold

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don’t have much room in my pack, how small can you pack the quilt?
I can get it down to about the size of a one liter bottle of water.

OP
Zach Herold

Zach Herold

Super Moderator
Staff member
UPDATE...I am almost done with the video and it should be going live in the next couple days!

ljalberta

WKR
A hunting partner of mine used this this season and love it. I definitely think it has some major improvements over my circa 2016 EE quilt.

Looks nice! I just got an Osni Cloak a couple of weeks ago. I'm really impressed. I think I can replace my PCU L7 Happy Suit with it, at less weight.
How much does your quilt weigh?

OP
Zach Herold

Zach Herold

Super Moderator
Staff member
Looks nice! I just got an Osni Cloak a couple of weeks ago. I'm really impressed. I think I can replace my PCU L7 Happy Suit with it, at less weight.
How much does your quilt weigh?
1lb 6.6oz