The Capra World Slam.

Mojave

WKR
Right now here in Europe for reasonable money you could hunt.

4 spanish ibex $4500-12,000 x4
2 spanish chamois. $5000 x2
Alpine chamois $4000
Balkan chamois $5000
carpathian chamois. $5000

plus mountain goat $15-20,000

NZ chamois $10,000-14,000 for both
NZ tahr

That's 12.

If NZ chamois and Tahr don't count.

You could hunt Tajikistan for whatever the cheapest ibex is $12000
and the two ibex in Mongolia $15,000 each

OP
N

Northern Safari

Lil-Rokslider
Right now here in Europe for reasonable money you could hunt.

4 spanish ibex $4500-12,000 x4
2 spanish chamois. $5000 x2
Alpine chamois $4000
Balkan chamois $5000
carpathian chamois. $5000

plus mountain goat $15-20,000

NZ chamois $10,000-14,000 for both
NZ tahr

That's 12.

If NZ chamois and Tahr don't count.

You could hunt Tajikistan for whatever the cheapest ibex is $12000
and the two ibex in Mongolia $15,000 each
Right now Spain and Romania seem like the two standout European destinations for these mountain hunts.

Do you know if there are any mountainous hunts for mouflon or are they generally more of a forest hunt?

NZ is definitely high up on the list for the chamois and Tahr combo. I'm hoping to combo hunt several species on each of these trips to make the most of each experience.

In terms of Asian Ibex I'm seeing a Tajikistan hunt for $10,800 Canadian, the same hunt in Kyrgyzstan for $9,500 Canadian, even less in Kazakhstan. Maybe these aren't reputable outfitters?

Mojave

WKR
Right now Spain and Romania seem like the two standout European destinations for these mountain hunts.

Do you know if there are any mountainous hunts for mouflon or are they generally more of a forest hunt?

NZ is definitely high up on the list for the chamois and Tahr combo. I'm hoping to combo hunt several species on each of these trips to make the most of each experience.

In terms of Asian Ibex I'm seeing a Tajikistan hunt for $10,800 Canadian, the same hunt in Kyrgyzstan for $9,500 Canadian, even less in Kazakhstan. Maybe these aren't reputable outfitters?
There are wild free ranging mouflon all over mainland Europe. Unless there are wolves. Then there are not any anymore.

Mouflon can either be a forest animal or an animal of the mountains. They seem to do well in both places.

There is a mountain (hill to my Wyoming eyes) about 15 miles from my house that has mouflon on it. But it is still forest.

I wouldn't say that Romania is a stand out, anymore than anyplace else is.

Spain 4 ibex 2 chamois
France has 4 chamois (3 exotic ones plus the same Pyranian chamois as Spain)
Romania only has Carpathian chamois
Slovakia has low tatra chamois
Alpine chamois are in Austria, Germany, Switzerland, France, Slovenia and in Italy
Bulgaria and Croatia have Balkan chamois
Bulgaria and Croatia has some exotics none of them free range. Tahr, Alpine ibex, Kri-Kri hybrids and maybe some other stuff.

Might be able to get an alpine ibex for $15,000 if you are very lucky. Most of them are $20-50,000 in Austria or Slovenia. There are some high fence ones in Germany, but I don't remember where. Actually there are two herds of them within 20km of my house but they are not in hunting programs.

A class 3 ibex might be had for $5000. This would be a 2-4 year old. But you would need to been a waiting list for a couple of years.

OP
N

Northern Safari

Lil-Rokslider
There are wild free ranging mouflon all over mainland Europe. Unless there are wolves. Then there are not any anymore.

Mouflon can either be a forest animal or an animal of the mountains. They seem to do well in both places.

There is a mountain (hill to my Wyoming eyes) about 15 miles from my house that has mouflon on it. But it is still forest.

I wouldn't say that Romania is a stand out, anymore than anyplace else is.

Spain 4 ibex 2 chamois
France has 4 chamois (3 exotic ones plus the same Pyranian chamois as Spain)
Romania only has Carpathian chamois
Slovakia has low tatra chamois
Alpine chamois are in Austria, Germany, Switzerland, France, Slovenia and in Italy
Bulgaria and Croatia have Balkan chamois
Bulgaria and Croatia has some exotics none of them free range. Tahr, Alpine ibex, Kri-Kri hybrids and maybe some other stuff.

Might be able to get an alpine ibex for $15,000 if you are very lucky. Most of them are $20-50,000 in Austria or Slovenia. There are some high fence ones in Germany, but I don't remember where. Actually there are two herds of them within 20km of my house but they are not in hunting programs.

A class 3 ibex might be had for $5000. This would be a 2-4 year old. But you would need to been a waiting list for a couple of years.
That’s awesome. I just watched a video of in Alpine Mouflon hunt, it looked like a real mountain hunt, similar to what you would expect ibex in.

The appeal of Romania from what I can tell are the Carpathian Mountains and the largest Chamois species.

I guess aside from those they are known for Stag, boar and affordable brown bear hunts.

I’d love to hunt an Alpine Ibex for 15k but everything ive seen online seems much closer to 50k. It’s a shame that Switzerland stopped offering this hunt.

Last edited:

Mojave

WKR
That’s awesome. I just watched a video of in Alpine Mouflon hunt, it looked like a rear mountain hunt, similar to what you would expect ibex in.

The appeal of Romania from what I can tell are the Carpathian Mountains and the largest Chamois species.

I guess aside from those they are known for Stag, boar and affordable brown bear hunts.

I’d love to hunt an Alpine Ibex for 15k but everything ive seen online seems much closer to 50k. It’s a shame that Switzerland stopped offering this hunt.

Incorrect.

Romania brown bears are deceiving. If you shoot a bear over a certain size you pay for the bear plus a fee and don't get to bring it home. They don't even know if they will have a season in 2025.

Croatia and Estonia have cheap bear hunts.

Romania does have the biggest chamois, good stags, good roe deer and good wild boar.

Mojave

WKR
I was supposed to go to Romania, but the booking agent decided on a 30% price increase for 2025. So screw her.

You need a good agent.