The 6UM

khuber84

WKR
ADG is saying October for the brass

The dies will be here late July early August. Preorder or you won’t get one.
Deets on the brass? 30° shoulder? 6mm neck? I remember adg making Sherman brass, and the only diameter they'd make a 40° was 7mm or larger. I shoot standard 6saum, so 30° and 6mm neck would do me just fine! 😎

Arithson

Lil-Rokslider
Good to know. I have a 300 Win Mag Tikka that I am constantly fighting the urge to change to something more exotic. I was thinking of keeping my eyes open for a 243 barrel for something like this.
I have one that will be twisted off in a few weeks if you’re interested

Tx_300wsm

FNG
After debating for the last year I finally caved and ordered dies and brass today. Gonna buy a UM tikka prefit and Rostock when funds allow. Have a Scythe Ti in jail. Hoping to get everything put together around December/January and might get to try it out on some hogs and whitetail before the season ends.

I’m thinking of doing an 18” barrel, but am undecided on contour and twist. Most of my hunting is in Texas and Louisiana, barely above sea level, occasionally go out west. Right now my thought is to use the 108/109 eldm. I’m thinking an 8 twist would be fast enough?

Last edited:

Tx_300wsm

FNG
The wait begins! Went ahead and put in an order for a Rostock and an ace prefit. Ended up doing an 18” 8 twist #3 contour.

Has anyone used H4831 in the 6um? I know it’s going to be too fast but I plan on using it at least for my fire form loads, curious what kind of velocity to expect with it.

khuber84

WKR
The wait begins! Went ahead and put in an order for a Rostock and an ace prefit. Ended up doing an 18” 8 twist #3 contour.

Has anyone used H4831 in the 6um? I know it’s going to be too fast but I plan on using it at least for my fire form loads, curious what kind of velocity to expect with it.
55ish grains should net you somewhere 2900-3000 I'd think.

OP
Ryan Avery

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Shoot2HuntU
The RokStoks just looks better with a 6UM in them.

001f32f7436cd16af6d8fe48c386b95c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Deets on the brass? 30° shoulder? 6mm neck? I remember adg making Sherman brass, and the only diameter they'd make a 40° was 7mm or larger. I shoot standard 6saum, so 30° and 6mm neck would do me just fine! 😎
@Ryan Avery any update on what the final dimensions of the brass coming from ADG, I heard that it it was still going to be a neck down and fireform operation. Essentially 6.5 Saum headstamped 6UM.