The 270 win short mag

JG358

WKR
I from what I've heard, most of the feeding issues are due to gun design, not the cartridge itself. Right now, I can't remember exactly which guns have had the issues, but I do know Kimber is one of them.

Most the feeding issues we saw were in Kimbers, Winchesters and Brownings. For the most part, the manufacturers seem to have the issue ironed out... havent seen one with feeding issues in quite a while.

Last edited:

Tdiesel

Lil-Rokslider
just saw sako is supposed to be putting the 7wsm in its line up and they seem to be climbing a little on popularity

Tdiesel

Lil-Rokslider
I don't know if it will be in the tikka T3 or not but looked at a Sako 85 and I could order it in the 7 wsm? I own it in a browing A-bolt but my family is kinda Sako nuts so we'll see Muley crazy look on line I'm sure you can find it in no time I just googled it. i saw the one on gunbroker I think

Last edited:

MOHunter

Lil-Rokslider
My brother has a 270WSM and I have a 7MM, both in Weatherby Vanguards. They are nearly identical in every aspect - ballistics, recoil, weight, accuracy. The differences I see are a greater bullet selection in the 7Mag along with easier reloading. We have not had any feed issues with his gun.

I'm certainly no expert when it comes to reloading, but I've read that the short mags can be a bit tougher to get resized correctly. This has been my experience. Seems his gun just has a smaller range of acceptable measurements.

I'm probably in the minority here as a reloader, but I've been leaning toward the more common, traditional calibers - .223, .243, .270, .308, .300. You can find bullets just about anywhere as well as other reloading supplies. They just seem a little easier to get set up for me, and I don't want to spend a lot of time and money chasing an extra .25 - .50 inch of accuracy. For what it's worth, which was free.

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
MOHunter,
yes you bring up a good point on chasing that last .25". I've spent way too much money/time on that before.

I'm glad so many chimed in on this as if I ever made the jump, I might go with the 7 just for bullet selection.
Thanks!