The 22UM

Gstew1930

FNG
Classified Approved
No. Same basic parameters- 300k and less and you won’t have any/many issues. Get above that and it starts becoming more likely as you go up. At 3,500fps with an 8” twist, it’ll be 315,000 RPM. I’m comfortable with that.
You think that’s all you’ll get? My guess would have been 3800fps. Complete guess though

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Do you have any other info on this bullet how closely it’s related to the 88 and 80 eldm, along with the 77tmk?

Not enough to say definitively yet. It does have a slightly thicker jacket than the ELD-M’s.

Curious why you would go down this road when the 88 eldm is available.

Experimentation, and the slightly thicker jacket should help with excessive RPM’s. And, I am not completely satisfied with the type of wound channel of the 88gr. Don’t take that too negatively.

TuckTruck

Lil-Rokslider
Not enough to say definitively yet. It does have a slightly thicker jacket than the ELD-M’s.

Experimentation, and the slightly thicker jacket should help with excessive RPM’s. And, I am not completely satisfied with the type of wound channel of the 88gr. Don’t take that too negatively.
Have you had experience with the 88gr in something a little slower like the 22 Creedmoor? Or does the 80gr eldm have a better wound channel there also?

longrange13

Lil-Rokslider
The primal rights dude is doing the 22 prc ackly right now with a 1-8. He said his fire form loads were hitting 3400 with an 85.5gr berg.