The 22 creedmoor thread

amassi

WKR
For those of you who think the 80 eld-x and eld-m are the same bullet but marketed/ packaged differently.
Noslers been making identical shape, weight and bc accubonds and ballistic tips for a long time. Tip color is different obviously
They’re clearly different bullets when shot into animals though or when sectioned
One also had a price premium do to mfg costs of bonding
There’s likely a mfg cost associated with the eld-x and a cost benefit to share jacket profiles even if one is thicker or base is different etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
L

Lawnboi

WKR
For those of you who think the 80 eld-x and eld-m are the same bullet but marketed/ packaged differently.
Noslers been making identical shape, weight and bc accubonds and ballistic tips for a long time. Tip color is different obviously
They’re clearly different bullets when shot into animals though or when sectioned
One also had a price premium do to mfg costs of bonding
There’s likely a mfg cost associated with the eld-x and a cost benefit to share jacket profiles even if one is thicker or base is different etc.

Someone here has the means to cut a couple in half.

I’m sure they are a different bullet. But it is a head scratcher how they got the same bc weight and oal.

I’ll be shooting some into some meat here soon hopefully. I’m hoping they work as well as the tmk.

Thanks for the feedback, might try the H4350 as a starting point and work from there.
Will give the 80’s a shot too. I am also not convinced the eldm and eldx isn't just the same bullet with different marketing.

On another note, What’s this I read about bullets blowing up? Over spinning? Is this anything I should worry about with a 1/7” twist with certain bullets? I would assume that’s only light bullets going at very high rpm’s that could be a problem.
I was over spinning 88s in a 1/7 and they would blow up about 1 in 10 of them. I don’t know of any other heavies where it’s an issue. Try to not overheat your barrel, shoot for the moon on velocity, and hope your barrel doesn’t chew them up..

I was over spinning 88s in a 1/7 and they would blow up about 1 in 10 of them. I don’t know of any other heavies where it’s an issue. Try to not overheat your barrel, shoot for the moon on velocity, and hope your barrel doesn’t chew them up..

How fast were you shooting them

huntnful

WKR
500 pieces of alpha brass chamfered inside and out.

IMG_6719.jpeg

I’m going to do some testing on the neck preparation, so I’m not going to fully prep them all yet.

Basically I’m going to do a 30 round group with what I believe is optimum neck prepping prior to loading.

Then test groups with different prep and see how they compare.

Just dropped the barrel off for the build yesterday.