The 22 creedmoor thread

Did a pressure test tonight in my dad’s factory tikka 22-250 that we had rechambered in 22cm with H4350 and 88’s in hornady brass. Slight ejector mark at 41gr. Loaded 20 at 40.5 and will test them tomorrow morning.

Interesting comparing the hornady load data to the Peterson testing that was done. Peterson shows 42.5 grains of RL 26 with a 75 eldm at 62K PSI in a universal receiver…. Hornady max load with the same is 47.7 grains. That is a SUBSTANTIAL difference
Yes that’s why it’s important to compare data from several sources. Unfortunately many people stick to the dogma that if it’s published it is correct.

Interesting comparing the hornady load data to the Peterson testing that was done. Peterson shows 42.5 grains of RL 26 with a 75 eldm at 62K PSI in a universal receiver…. Hornady max load with the same is 47.7 grains. That is a SUBSTANTIAL difference

Yeah, 12% increase is huge!

Yes that’s why it’s important to compare data from several sources. Unfortunately many people stick to the dogma that if it’s published it is correct.
There’s been like 4 threads in the past year from people with “early” pressure signs in Peterson or ADG brass 6 creed and there’s usually a “but the book (with hornady brass) says max is XX”.

ID_Matt

WKR
Yeah, 12% increase is huge!

There’s been like 4 threads in the past year from people with “early” pressure signs in Peterson or ADG brass 6 creed and there’s usually a “but the book (with hornady brass) says max is XX”.
Plays right in to the point Peterson was trying to make with that article - that many people are running the cartridge way hotter than they realize

OP
L

Lawnboi

WKR
Shot some more 80eldx. New lot of H4831sc, 42gn is pushing them 2970 average with excellent SD. Not at all hard on brass either.

Match season is over so the Magnus got a soak and will live on the 22 creed through hunting season. 16” barrel and ultra 7 was a little harsh. The Magnus is much better to the ear and recoil is even slower.

I just had some of the eldx delivered today with a new box of alpha brass to play with. The 88s were shooting pretty good but I couldn’t not try them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shot some more 80eldx. New lot of H4831sc, 42gn is pushing them 2970 average with excellent SD. Not at all hard on brass either.

Match season is over so the Magnus got a soak and will live on the 22 creed through hunting season. 16” barrel and ultra 7 was a little harsh. The Magnus is much better to the ear and recoil is even slower.
I might have to try my Magnus on the 18" 22 creed this Saturday. Bet it makes it so pleasant...

ChrisAU

WKR
I decided to build a 2nd 16.5” 22CM for a dedicated night rifle and did paperwork today on a full size Resilient Jolene. The DD Wolf Hunter sounds amazing on my hunting rifle, can’t wait to try this one out.