Texas school shooting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wvroach

WKR
You are correct, but biden didnt hesitate. He made sure yo say "Use this pain to control guns".
I get it man, I do. When we go at each other and not the people causing the problems we get nowhere though.

I am pro 2-a, no buts attached. I don't think we get anywhere with the name calling back and forth though. I also don't think within a couple hours of the shooting before we even know what happened or lead up to it that we should be at each other's throats.

We should really take time to reflect on it though, maybe do something positive for the families of the victims.

I myself am trying to figure out what I can do now, be that financial support or something else. This makes my stomach turn to think about but I know the teachers in my area aren't equipped to deal with these threats. Are they in yours?

Can we work on productive solutions in our community to be proactive and minimize casualties? Medical training, stop the bleed courses at a minimum every teacher, janitor and staff member should go through yearly. I think left or right we can all get behind that. I'd really love to see everyone write their legislators about this and encourage medical training for all staff.

I've seen blood and violence first hand enough in my life I'd also like to request that we keep the first responders in our thoughts and prayers as well. Seeing trauma like this doesn't go away. But you can learn to live with it. To many times we let people who have witnessed these types of things go and expect it to be normal only for them to become a self inflicted casualty later.

Burnsie

Lil-Rokslider
Locked doors. and armed security at all schools would certainly help, but how do you manage all the sporting events and all the other extra-curricular activities that occur at the average school district on a daily basis? Fields full of kids playing soccer and T-ball, band practices on the football field, basketball games...etc etc.

The American public has grown numb to these shootings, I have too.

Its the cost of doing business in a free society. Bury the dead and wait for the next one, that's the only answer.
Very encouraging and reassuring.

Thank you. I feel great now.

Locked doors. and armed security at all schools would certainly help, but how do you manage all the sporting events and all the other extra-curricular activities that occur at the average school district on a daily basis? Fields full of kids playing soccer and T-ball, band practices on the football field, basketball games...etc etc.
If there are any public school kids left.

All the middle and upper class parents are right now talking about private school and home schooling because they have the means - leaving only lower income kids at public schools. Lower income kids typically have more trouble studying due to stresses at home, single parent situations, fewer resources overall and they typically score lower on standardized tests as a result.

See where this is going?

People who can pull their kids out of public schools then complain about their taxes going to pay teachers and point to the low performance of those schools don't even realize they have themselves created a self-fulfilling prophecy.

BuzzH

WKR
Very encouraging and reassuring.

Thank you. I feel great now.
Just a fact...a couple news cycles and we all forget.

Does anyone really care or continue to talk about the other one that happened 10 days prior?

The conclusion is, offering thoughts and prayers, do nothing to change future similar tragedies.

Reality is uncomfortable, I get it, but this wasn't the first and exactly nothing will change to try making it the last. Seen it over and over and over again.

Why weren’t the doors locked on the school? There’s an armed man being chased by the police and local schools weren’t called to be on lockdown? All schools should be manned with an armed police officer. These kind of things can be avoided without stripping us of our rights. such a senseless tragedy.
Communities like Uvalde never think it could happen there. I know because I live in one and my wife teaches HS in one.

skywalkr

Lil-Rokslider
Thoughts and prayers are clearly not working so how about our politicians do their jobs and come up with something that will actually help. I don't have the answers but I am not paid to come up with the answers.

If you are on the side that thinks only a good guy with a gun will stop a bad guy with a gun then time to put up the money to make sure schools are well protected by trained professionals. We spend how much money on our military, why can we not afford to protect our children?

If you are on the side that says, it's not guns it's mental health, then do something about the abysmal mental healthcare in this country. I can't count the number of politicians speaking out about mental health yet I don't remember any of them pushing legislation to address the issue.

There are plenty of things that can be done that have absolutely nothing to do with restricting gun rights but I don't see any of the politicians who claim to support the 2A taking any action. Save your thoughts and prayers, if they did anything we wouldn't have to bury a bunch of kids because another lunatic decided to shoot up another school. Demand action from those who's job it is to come up with solutions to prevent/limit senseless tragedies like this.

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

Let's say we outlaw guns. OK. Now, what's to stop this kid from driving onto a soccer field or t-ball field and mowing over 20 kids and 2 adults there with a vehicle?

Bad people who want to do evil things, are always going to find a way. You cannot legislate evil out of the world by removing freedoms of law abiding people.

How about instead of sending $40 Billion dollars to Ukraine we spend that money on securing schools?

Thoughts and prayers are clearly not working so how about our politicians do their jobs and come up with something that will actually help. I don't have the answers but I am not paid to come up with the answers.

If you are on the side that thinks only a good guy with a gun will stop a bad guy with a gun then time to put up the money to make sure schools are well protected by trained professionals. We spend how much money on our military, why can we not afford to protect our children?

If you are on the side that says, it's not guns it's mental health, then do something about the abysmal mental healthcare in this country. I can't count the number of politicians speaking out about mental health yet I don't remember any of them pushing legislation to address the issue.

There are plenty of things that can be done that have absolutely nothing to do with restricting gun rights but I don't see any of the politicians who claim to support the 2A taking any action. Save your thoughts and prayers, if they did anything we wouldn't have to bury a bunch of kids because another lunatic decided to shoot up another school. Demand action from those who's job it is to come up with solutions to prevent/limit senseless tragedies like this.
100% correct. Excellent post.

"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."

For example:

Thurston High School.
Columbine High School.
Heritage High School.
Deming Middle School.
Fort Gibson Middle School.
Buell Elementary School.
Lake Worth Middle School.
University of Arkansas.
Junipero Serra High School.
Santana High School.
Bishop Neumann High School.
Pacific Lutheran University.
Granite Hills High School.
Lew Wallace High School.
Martin Luther King, Jr. High School.
Appalachian School of Law.
Washington High School.
Conception Abbey.
Benjamin Tasker Middle School.
University of Arizona.
Lincoln High School.
John McDonogh High School.
Red Lion Area Junior High School.
Case Western Reserve University.
Rocori High School.
Ballou High School.
Randallstown High School.
Bowen High School.
Red Lake Senior High School.
Harlan Community Academy High School.
Campbell County High School.
Milwee Middle School.
Roseburg High School.
Pine Middle School.
Essex Elementary School.
Duquesne University.
Platte Canyon High School.
Weston High School.
West Nickel Mines School.
Joplin Memorial Middle School.
Henry Foss High School.
Compton Centennial High School.
Virginia Tech.
Success Tech Academy.
Miami Carol City Senior High School.
Hamilton High School.
Louisiana Technical College.
Mitchell High School.
E.O. Green Junior High School.
Northern Illinois University.
Lakota Middle School.
Knoxville Central High School.
Willoughby South High School.
Henry Ford High School.
University of Central Arkansas.
Dillard High School.
Dunbar High School.
Hampton University.
Harvard College.
Larose-Cut Off Middle School.
International Studies Academy.
Skyline College.
Discovery Middle School.
University of Alabama.
DeKalb School.
Deer Creek Middle School.
Ohio State University.
Mumford High School.
University of Texas.
Kelly Elementary School.
Marinette High School.
Aurora Central High School.
Millard South High School.
Martinsville West Middle School.
Worthing High School.
Millard South High School.
Highlands Intermediate School.
Cape Fear High School.
Chardon High School.
Episcopal School of Jacksonville.
Oikos University.
Hamilton High School.
Perry Hall School.
Normal Community High School.
University of South Alabama.
Banner Academy South.
University of Southern California.
Sandy Hook Elementary School.
Apostolic Revival Center Christian School.
Taft Union High School.
Osborn High School.
Stevens Institute of Business and Arts.
Hazard Community and Technical College.
Chicago State University.
Lone Star College-North.
Cesar Chavez High School.
Price Middle School.
University of Central Florida.
New River Community College.
Grambling State University.
Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
Ossie Ware Mitchell Middle School.
Ronald E. McNair Discovery Academy.
North Panola High School.
Carver High School.
Agape Christian Academy.
Sparks Middle School.
North Carolina A&T State University.
Stephenson High School.
Brashear High School.
West Orange High School.
Arapahoe High School.
Edison High School.
Liberty Technology Magnet High School.
Hillhouse High School.
Berrendo Middle School.
Purdue University.
South Carolina State University.
Los Angeles Valley College.
Charles F. Brush High School.
University of Southern California.
Georgia Regents University.
Academy of Knowledge Preschool.
Benjamin Banneker High School.
D. H. Conley High School.
East English Village Preparatory Academy.
Paine College.
Georgia Gwinnett College.
John F. Kennedy High School.
Seattle Pacific University.
Reynolds High School.
Indiana State University.
Albemarle High School.
Fern Creek Traditional High School.
Langston Hughes High School.
Marysville Pilchuck High School.
Florida State University.
Miami Carol City High School.
Rogers State University.
Rosemary Anderson High School.
Wisconsin Lutheran High School.
Frederick High School.
Tenaya Middle School.
Bethune-Cookman University.
Pershing Elementary School.
Wayne Community College.
J.B. Martin Middle School.
Southwestern Classical Academy.
Savannah State University.
Harrisburg High School.
Umpqua Community College.
Northern Arizona University.
Texas Southern University.
Tennessee State University.
Winston-Salem State University.
Mojave High School.
Lawrence Central High School.
Franklin High School.
Muskegon Heights High School.
Independence High School.
Madison High School.
Antigo High School.
University of California-Los Angeles.
Jeremiah Burke High School.
Alpine High School.
Townville Elementary School.
Vigor High School.
Linden McKinley STEM Academy.
June Jordan High School for Equity.
Union Middle School.
Mueller Park Junior High School.
West Liberty-Salem High School.
University of Washington.
King City High School.
North Park Elementary School.
North Lake College.
Freeman High School.
Mattoon High School.
Rancho Tehama Elementary School.
Aztec High School.
Wake Forest University.
Italy High School.
NET Charter High School.
Marshall County High School.
Sal Castro Middle School.
Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School
Great Mills High School
Central Michigan University
Huffman High School
Frederick Douglass High School
Forest High School
Highland High School
Dixon High School
Santa Fe High School
Noblesville West Middle School
University of North Carolina Charlotte
STEM School Highlands Ranch
Edgewood High School
Palm Beach Central High School
Providence Career & Technical Academy
Fairley High School (school bus)
Canyon Springs High School
Dennis Intermediate School
Florida International University
Central Elementary School
Cascade Middle School
Davidson High School
Prairie View A & M University
Altascocita High School
Central Academy of Excellence
Cleveland High School
Robert E. Lee High School
Cheyenne South High School
Grambling State University
Blountsville Elementary School
Holmes County, Mississippi (school bus)
Prescott High School
College of the Mainland
Wynbrooke Elementary School
UNC Charlotte
Riverview Florida (school bus)
Second Chance High School
Carman-Ainsworth High School
Williwaw Elementary School
Monroe Clark Middle School
Central Catholic High School
Jeanette High School
Eastern Hills High School
DeAnza High School
Ridgway High School
Reginald F. Lewis High School
Saugus High School
Pleasantville High School
Waukesha South High School
Oshkosh High School
Catholic Academy of New Haven
Bellaire High School
North Crowley High School
McAuliffe Elementary School
South Oak Cliff High School
Texas A&M University-Commerce
Sonora High School
Western Illinois University
Oxford High School
Robb Elementary School

Let's say we outlaw guns. OK. Now, what's to stop this kid from driving onto a soccer field or t-ball field and mowing over 20 kids and 2 adults there with a vehicle?

Bad people who want to do evil things, are always going to find a way. You cannot legislate evil out of the world by removing freedoms of law abiding people.

How about instead of sending $40 Billion dollars to Ukraine we spend that money on securing schools?
So you're telling us there is an epidemic of kids driving onto soccer pitches in England to mow down kids?

hunt1up

WKR
All my fellow gun owners act like all guns are created equal. "Guns don't kill people!" is the mantra. Sure guns don't kill people, but when they're used, a AR-15 or a Glock 17 sure do a more effective job than a bolt action .270 or a .357 revolver.

It doesn't pass the sniff test for me that a derranged 18 year old can get two highly effective weapons with a few clicks of a mouse with no barriers to entry. A few clicks and a few days later and he's ready to go.

I don't know exactly what I'm getting at. I know that there's already such a large supply of cheap guns that determined people will find a way. But generally speaking in these mass shootings, the kid just went and bought what he wanted with minimal inconvenience.

And I know I'll get flamed with the "what does SHALL NOT INFRINGE sound like to you?" Spare me. We all accept certain standards for what is legal and isn't with regard to guns. Where's your tank and rocket launcher? I believe even the conservative stalwart Antonin Scalia said it is, “not a right to keep and carry any weapon whatsoever in any manner whatsoever and for whatever purpose.”

Call me a lefty loon I guess. Seems making it a little harder for a dumbass 18 year kid to buy two ARs and 375 rounds of ammo in a matter of a day wouldn't be the end of the world. I know, I know, if you give them an inch they'll take a mile.

No meaningful change will come from this tragedy anyway so everything I'm saying is pretty pointless.

Last edited:
All my fellow gun owners act like all guns are created equal. "Guns don't kill people!" is the mantra. Sure guns don't kill people, but when they're used, a AR-15 or a Glock 17 sure do a more effective job than a bolt action .270 or a .357 revolver.

It doesn't pass the sniff test for me that a derranged 18 year old can get two highly effective weapons with a few clicks of a mouse with no barriers to entry. A few clicks and a few days later and he's ready to go.

I don't know exactly what I'm getting at. I know that there's already such a large supply of cheap guns that determined people will find a way. But generally speaking in this mass shootings, the kid just went and bought what he wanted with minimal inconvenience.

And I know I'll get flamed with the "what does SHALL NOT INFRINGE sound like to you?" Spare me. We all accept certain standards for what is legal and isn't with regard to guns. Where's your tank and rocket launcher? I believe even the conservative stalwart Antonin Scalia said it is, “not a right to keep and carry any weapon whatsoever in any manner whatsoever and for whatever purpose.”

Call me a lefty loon I guess. Seems making it a little harder for a dumbass 18 year kid to buy two ARs and 375 rounds of ammo in a matter of a day wouldn't be the end of the world. I know, I know, if you give them an inch they'll take a mile.

No meaningful change will come from this tragedy anyway so everything I'm saying is pretty pointless.
Perfect response.

HANGum HIGH

Lil-Rokslider
Yea, I guess the answer is to reinstate public hangings right?
I guess the answer to to trust the politicians to come up with more laws in the best interest of us peasants right? What could possibly go wrong?

Should we also ban swimming pools since more kids die from drowning? Or how about cars since so many die in crashes?

Status
Not open for further replies.