Testing out sleeping bags....

Chem-E

Lil-Rokslider
I have not used that specific bag. I have used Sea to Summit's traverse bag. Totally different design, but they know how to make a bag. The coldest version of the bag you are talking about is only a 28 degree bag. Some might say it is not warm enough for a do it all 3 season bag, but you may be able to make it work. If you are looking for an extremely lightweight bag but want to use it in late September as well, I would look at Z packs sleeping bags. They are around the same price as the micro, but way lighter. The only thing is they do not have a hood it is more of quilt type. I have a 20 degree long version, (up to 6'2") I am 5'11" and I can snuggle up in it well enough to cover my head and stick my nose and mouth out. Mine is a wide, long and weighs 20 oz. They now offer a 10 degree bag for a few ounces more. Top quality construction and Joe has excellent customer service. I will be going on a 3 day trip in a few weeks and I plan to test out that rating. It is filled with 900+ down but it is so lightweight I am skeptical. Just something to look at if you are wanting a lighter weight bag option along the same line as the micro.

Cool, thanks for the advice!

Matt W.

Super Moderator
Staff member
For the dollar the Mt Hardwear Ultralamina Bags (both 0 & 15) are hard to beat. If the Kifaru is the Lexus these are most certainly the Toyota... Great design, pretty darn light, and the comfort rating is probably within 10* of being spot on. JMHO.. :)

ams

WKR
I played around with the 2011 MH ultralamina and liked it alot. The 2012 is a better color :) and has a longer zipper on one side. I've also been looking at the first ascent 15 and 20 degree bags made with climashield apex and pretext endurance, but they don't come in Batman or green lantern.......check em out and you'll understand.

Barneys

FNG
Aron - Here are a few more bags that are exceptional -
Volandre - Bloody Mary and La Fayette.These are really top notch bags.
Also Integral Tactical 900 fill bags - custom built for us in Canada.
I would also like to see you write up about the EIN European sleeping bag rating system.This is something that will really give a fair temperature comparison.
You have a great list.
Bob

aron,
Any more thoughts on the BA bags? My GF has a pro-deal type account and can get great deals on their products... Looking for a bag for backcountry Sept hunts as well as car camping into October. Needs a 20* bag as shes a pretty cold sleeper.

Mike