Testing out sleeping bags....

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Aron's out hunting turkeys. But I know he has been working on the article.

OP
Aron Snyder

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Sorry guys, it's been a crazy couple weeks!

I'm about half way through and should have it finished up soon.

Ok well since you posted we will extinguish the fires for now but you better kill a nice thunder chicken! LOL, if you wasnt so dang knowledgable we wouldn't care how long you took! Goodluck! Mike

OP
Aron Snyder

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I have the winners figured out :)

The Montbell SS huger is winning the race in the down category and Kifaru's Slik bag is winning in for synthetic.

slim9300

WKR
just recently bought the helium and now curious if i made a good choice.. wheres the results

It's a great bag. You won't regret the purchase. I have had mine for a few years and it flat out performs, even when the temps drop into the low 20s.

dotman

WKR
Not that I'm in the market but I just received eddie bauers recent outdoor catalov and their sleeping bags seem pretty light weight, how come no one talks about this brand?

OP
Aron Snyder

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
The Marmots are great bags and scored very well.

Sorry to keep everyone waiting:)

It has taken over 6 years to get this done, so I don't want to rush anything. Getting real world temp ratings on bags takes multiple trips in different weather situations and this is very subjective for each person.

The Montbell, Western Mountaineering and Marmot bags all did well in the down category (temp rating, quality, price point), but some of the other companies did not do as well.

luke moffat

Super Moderator
Next sleeping bag for me will no doubt be a WM versatile, something about an honest 10 degree rating and only 2 pounds that is hard to beat.

strawman

Lil-Rokslider
Next sleeping bag for me will no doubt be a WM versatile, something about an honest 10 degree rating and only 2 pounds that is hard to beat.

LOVE my Versalite. The only bag I would consider replacing it with would be a Valandre Bloody Mary as it seems to be a little more versatile with the various zip-in collars for different temp ranges.

Gman

WKR
Another WM fan here. I have the Alpinlite. Love it. One of the few pieces of gear I don't even consider upgrading or changing.