Tent condensation:

*zap*

WKR
Talking floored tents. So, when the dewpoint is at or close to the ambient temperature you can get some heavy condensation. Sometimes it drips down into the tent from the back of the fly if you have some mesh on the inner tent body.

The way they make the fly attachment points encourage this and limit air flow under the fly. That is because the fly will clip onto the tent body stake loops right next to the pole's. If you attach line lok extensions to the fly straps and stake the fly ends out away from the tent body you get lots more air flow and the way the fly curves back to the tent body (on some tents) is eliminated. That curve back can dump a lot of condensation into the tent body as it runs down the back of the fly. Plus the air flow will help with the condensation build up.....I put line lok extensions on the tent body stake loops also and that lets me use one stake for the guy line, stake loop and fly. Plus it is e-z to tighten everything up if there is slack in the material from temp change.

Works for me.

This is a great idea. I’ve got the same tent and will definitely be adopting this. Thanks for the tip!

ozyclint

WKR
I have a Hilleberg Soulo and Allak. They both have a separate fly section over the fly with zippered flaps underneath. Plenty of ventilation with any breeze. Great design.

AKDoc

WKR
That's a clever adaptation you shared zap...thank you!

I have a Hilleberg Soulo and Allak. They both have a separate fly section over the fly with zippered flaps underneath. Plenty of ventilation with any breeze. Great design.
Right on! I've been spending many fall nights in remote western Alaska for the past ten-years in a Hilleberg Staika, which is the original model of the design you described. The range of ventilation and air-flow adjustments are awesome, and it has held-up solid to countless heavy rains and several massive wind storms, including a residual typhoon. It is bombproof and still going strong!