What time do all you geezers get up in the morning?

NRA4LIFE

WKR
I got up really early this morning, I believe about 9:45. I was tired all day. But I went to bed really late last night, maybe 10:30 or so. 11 hours of sleep just doesn't cut it for me.

Nykki

Lil-Rokslider
Dogs get us up between 6:30 and 7 every day. Bedtime is between 10 and 11. Wife and I are both retired so don't have to be anywhere at a certain time.

Mosby

WKR
My dogs wake me up around 5:30 am every morning. Quick trip outside and then they all run into the kitchen for breakfast. I normally get less than 6 hours sleep a day. 7 hours is a luxury for me. If I'm in bed longer than that, it normally means I'm not feeling well.

dgl503

FNG
Typically around 7am. I guess that's super late compared to the rest of the crowd here.

rabbithuntr

Lil-Rokslider
Been getting up at 5:15 lately I like to get up when it starts getting light, but i do best with 8.5-9 hours of sleep and my wife likes to stay up which makes it harder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

*zap*

WKR
get up when I get up so it varies. Have not owned an alarm clock or used any type of alarm to get up in 10 years or so.....never been late for a meeting/appointment in that time period either...

eldeuce

Lil-Rokslider
get up when I get up so it varies. Have not owned an alarm clock or used any type of alarm to get up in 10 years or so.....never been late for a meeting/appointment in that time period either...
same... (but just in case, the dogs will NOT let me go past ~5:30AM; they have an internal clock too)

For 38 years, I woke up at 2:15 to get to the train station, for the 4:06 train to Penn Station. Since I retired in 2017, I allow myself the luxury of sleeping till 6:00. I love sitting quietly, on the patio with my coffee as day breaks, and the world comes alive.

Last edited:

yfarm

WKR
Dogs wake me when it gets light, usually in bed by 10:30. Slow day I might take a 30 min nap mid afternoon. Try to avoid caffeine in the evening, seem to fall asleep faster since getting off an alpha blocker last summer. Still wake up twice most nights, trying to go back to sleep without a bathroom visit. Urologist says my bladder needs to be retrained after the Rezume procedure.

Slick8

Lil-Rokslider
Up at 3:30 every day for work. Weekends 5:30-6 occasionally 7 which is great.

Even though I get up early I generally never set an alarm clock. The only exception is if I have a little trouble falling asleep early and I need to meet someone very early for fishing. I set it as a precaution but it's been decades since an alarm has actually woke me up. I’m always up before it goes off. One thing I hate is if I have a plan to do something early and the person I have plans with is still in bed when I get there to pick them up. I have good reliable friends so its very rare that kind of thing happens. I dang sure dont want to be the guy who does it.

Hoghead

WKR
If I dont get my bike ride in before day break its not happening. I got friends who workout after work. I cannot make that work.
I am the same. I have tried working out after work, but there are too many interruptions. My wife will ask me to stop at Costco on my way home or other things happen. There is never any interruptions at 130am.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk