Minimalist-ish tent for tall people

Which 1P tents work for 6-foot plus people? Does such a thing exist? Minimal footprint and sufficient floor length for someone 6'-1" are the most important criteria. I added the "ish" in the title because, yes I know I could pitch a tarp to sleep under that with unlimited floor length :)

The larger footprint of 2P tents with two vestibules is sometimes a hassle to squeeze in between deadfall, or in between cactus patches. I'd like to eliminate some of the choosiness that happens when finding a campsite at the end of a day.
Sounds like some of the tents with a listed 84" floor length are not always true or depend heavily on a perfect pitch. Losing any length gets tight when you have a size Long sleeping bag with the loft.

Just sold my Nemo Aurora 2P with a floor length of 88" and almost 6lb. It seemed to always be long enough to keep the tent off of my sleeping bag footbox and head so that things weren't collecting condensation. I am looking to shave weight and footprint size during this upgrade.

Grady.J

Lil-Rokslider
Most, if not all of Tarptents offerings will work for your height. I can vouch for the Notch and Scarp 1 working fine for me at 6'2.

OP
spartanhunter
LightHeart Gear SoLong6

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk
You answered the question. That is a LONG tent haha

Most, if not all of Tarptents offerings will work for your height. I can vouch for the Notch and Scarp 1 working fine for me at 6'2.
Thanks. I have never used a tent with the vertical wall ends like the Scarp, so it's good that the 86" length is no problem. The Hille Akto looks very similar and has a slightly smaller footprint than the Scarp, so that one is high on the list too. Scarp wins in the versatility between those two though, being able to do 3 or 4 season mode with the cross poles.

ldrathman

WKR
Im 6’3” 220lbs and I would highly suggest checking out the Six Moons Design Lunar Solo. A very overlooked minimalist tent. I was honestly surprised with how much interior room there was when I first set it up, especially at ~2lbs with stakes. I run a long/wide pad in it no problem. Also alot cheaper than similar spec’d options. I picked mine up for ~$200 in the classifieds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Durston 1 and 2P work for me At 6’3”. big Agnes copper spur. Zpacks just dropped a long tent that is like a 1.5 person one that has me interested.

jimh406

WKR
I'm 6'2" and have no issues sleeping in a 5x7 tent. In fact, I slept in one with my brother who is about my same height overnight. Borrow a 7' tent, and sleep in it. Fwiw, you'll have a hard time find a "cot" that is longer than 7 ft.

Of course, a tent floor is much wider than most cots. I think you'll find that you can easily sleep diagonal on in a smaller tent that is 5 ft wide even if you don't curl up. Note: I realize that mummy bags aren't so great for sleeping curled up, but that's a function of what type of sleeping bag you buy.

I've loved the Tarptent Dipole Li2, which has a floor length of 94" and is super light for the livable space.

It's an investment for sure, but the end struts which lift the fabric away from your face and feet, combined with the 94" length, make for a much much more comfortable sleep and time in the tent.

Good luck.

s

Geewhiz

WKR
I am 6'3" and often find myself reaching for my silex. Not a huge excess of room but plenty, even with another person in there.

Time2fish

Lil-Rokslider
Six moon’s new sky trekker is very roomy one person tent. Requires 2 poles or trekking poles, has a half liner system, and is only a little bit heavier that the Lunar solo. I have them both. The trekker is a little complicated to set up, but held up to some snow and wind on a November blacktail hunt.

kad11

WKR
REI half dome plus is a traditional double wall freestanding tent - floor is 92x38". They're discontinued, but you might be able to find one used.