TBAC Ultra 7 or Scythe Ti?

Re upping this thread to see if anyone else has been able to compare the two. Between either of these for switching between multiple hunting guns.

I’ve got both. If I had to choose, I’d keep the scythe. The weight difference is pretty outstanding in person. Function of the can is hard for me to tell the difference. I’ve got the Hanson Bros end cap for the scythe as well, so there’s additional options to make it even shorter/lighter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I’ve got both. If I had to choose, I’d keep the scythe. The weight difference is pretty outstanding in person. Function of the can is hard for me to tell the difference. I’ve got the Hanson Bros end cap for the scythe as well, so there’s additional options to make it even shorter/lighter.

Do you like that Hanson end cap? I have one as well but havnt used it yet. My plan was to immediately pull off the brake end thing, install the Hanson and never look back.

Do you like that Hanson end cap? I have one as well but havnt used it yet. My plan was to immediately pull off the brake end thing, install the Hanson and never look back.

I like it for the length, but there’s definitely some loss in recoil reduction. The weight difference is so minimal Its a non factor. I’d recommend shooting it both ways and decide for yourself.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I like it for the length, but there’s definitely some loss in recoil reduction. The weight difference is so minimal Its a non factor. I’d recommend shooting it both ways and decide for yourself.

Right on thanks, I have the handohn end cap already, I got it right after I ordered the silencer.

JRS3

Lil-Rokslider
I have a TBAC UL 7 that rides on a 22” 7PRC with a CB Brake and is fine.

I’m considering a Nomad Ti XC or a Scythe for a 20” build.

Tbone26

FNG
I can’t speak to the U7 but I have two Scythe’s and I am happy. I just started using the 2nd one but the first one has close to 300 rounds of 7 prc through it and everything seems good.

ruger35

FNG
The Scythe checked a lot of boxes for me but not enough information out there. I already have a Magnus S so after reviewing the TBAC summit the new Nomad Ti XC seemed to be a logical choice. Based on data only I would give it a look.

I only have 1 suppressor and it's a scythe. I love it. When I get another, I'm in between the scythe and a raptor 8 or 10 with a long reflex (or maybe DD enticer L-Ti) after reviewing all the experiences on rokslide. I haven't considered a tbac after thorough researching here.

I have a gen 1 u7 and a scythe. Haven't done apples to apples comparisons on same gun to say definitively on suppression performance between the two but they are close enough. Id buy scythe if buying again because of length, weight, and option to add 3 port anchor brake for more recoil reduction.

OP
bergie

bergie

Lil-Rokslider
So where is the best place to buy? Price, service, speed is probably the order that I am most concerned with as I won't be hunting with it this fall anyway.