Target stand-lightweight

lak2004

WKR
Has anyone made a gong target stand out of some pvc so it's light and packable?

Johnc427

Lil-Rokslider
How light weight do you need? I use these with a handful of t posts and they work great. These are like 15$ on eBay and a 5$ t post

Attachments

• IMG_1828.jpeg
    IMG_1828.jpeg
    206.8 KB · Views: 43

EdP

WKR
A target stand for a gong needs to be heavy enough to not get knocked over OR needs to be anchored. It also needs to withstand the bullet splatter. I think that is why most stands are steel. I made one from old bed frame angle iron with a 2x4 base that stakes down but the 2x4s also get eaten up by bullet splatter. The range I shoot at had gongs hanging at 400 yds off a 6x6 timber mounted on 6x6 posts. After about 1 year the top 12" of one of the posts was gone from splatter.

Marshfly

WKR
Your best bet is to use a loop of cable with a carabiner for the gong and either wrap around a tree branch or over the top of a boulder. See THLR YouTube vids for how he does his when he hikes in.

OP
lak2004

lak2004

WKR
Your best bet is to use a loop of cable with a carabiner for the gong and either wrap around a tree branch or over the top of a boulder. See THLR YouTube vids for how he does his when he hikes in.
That's a good idea, thanks!