Synthetic Puffy Jacket Options

Sounds a lot like the Eddie Bauer Evertherm. Warmer than it looks and great for walking around but not a sit still jacket.
I love every single piece of eddie bauer I own and almost all of them have been cheap as heck. If I wasn't sitka douche I'd be a eddie bauer fangirl for sure

BGNRSLK

FNG
I have to say I love my sitka areolite.

Fit, weight to warmth in my opinion is fantastic. I have not tried the other options other than an old Eddie Bauer synthetic (I think).

I have been outside in 26 weather with just the jacket and a tshirt and while I was not hot, I was surprisingly warm.

I have to say I love my sitka areolite.

Fit, weight to warmth in my opinion is fantastic. I have not tried the other options other than an old Eddie Bauer synthetic (I think).

I have been outside in 26 weather with just the jacket and a tshirt and while I was not hot, I was surprisingly warm.
That's been my experience too. If I only had one puffy- it'd be that one

Windrunner17

Lil-Rokslider
You are on the right track. I was station in Alaska when I was in the Army. And a Synthetic puffy jacket is a nice choice for both warmth and ruggedness. The best puffy jacket I have interesting enough I bought a garage sale for 5 bucks. But this thing is amazing. It just has never let me down. Never been cold, never had a rip or tear even when sliding down mountain sides. Name brand is Aero A87-03
That's Aeropostale. Not sure about anymore, but 15 years ago when I was in high school you could find them in just about any mall. It was a typical fast fashion store at the time, think of a cheaper American Eagle or Abercrombie and Fitch, so interesting to hear their puffy would be such good quality. Then again, some of my American Eagle stuff has actually worked great in the field.

uncastan

FNG
It's a bummer sitka quit making the kelvin lite hoody. I really liked that synthetic jacket. I have the aerolite and I like it - surprisingly warm. I wouldn't take a down puff into the woods. Kuiu puff claims to be a waterproof down, maybe it's fine, but I'd stick to synthetic.

fatlander

WKR
The Enlightened Equipment Torrid is a proven US made (custom) option.

God Bless.

Hunting buddy of mine has one. Incredibly light and well made. He loves it. I’ll own one before heading to Alaska in a few years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sneaky

"DADDY"
Is EE still only making the Torrid with the lightest Apex insulation only?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yes- 2.0 Apex. I think they could sell a lot of jackets with 3.5 or even 5.

I called Jan at Nunatak where I had my two jackets made and asked if he would get back into making Apex jackets, yes but no idea when.

BTW I own a Torrid, nice jacket that sees quite a bit of use, but rarely during our hunting season- not quite warm enough.

I got an Amazon Basics synthetic puffy jacket and used it for elk hunting last fall. I was actually really surprised how warm it was and how it held up. They run about $30 too so it hits pretty well above its weight class:

Dude, that was my first puffy and honestly you can't really beat it in terms of value for the dollar. And you can find them on sale for as low as 12$ occasionally. This is a legit steal. Is it at as high of quality materials as sitka, or whatever other brand? No... do I have 2 of them? Yes- and I wear them a ton. And they have honestly held up fine to a ton of abuse. Great choice!

wnelson14

WKR
Classified Approved

Not sure quality or durability, I order the Pack down vest to try with an extra 20% with discount code was around $40.
A lot of good deals on their sale plus Spring20 gets an additional 20%.

jd1006

WKR
Kelvin Lite Down from Sitka has been versatile. I think they nailed it with the design of the synthetic in the areas you need it and enough synthetic mixed with the down to keep insulation if wet. There’s enough solid colors out there that you can find it for less than $200