Swiss Hiking- Anyone been to Interlaken or Grindelwald?

bozeman

WKR
Finally got this planned, next month. Anyone been, care to share experiences? Flying into Zurich and then trains to Interlaken..........

Went at the end of June great trip Hiking was out of this world and a great way to get fit for hunting season....

GBHunter

FNG
We stayed in Interlaken for a night last fall on our way to stay in Murren. Interlaken was nice but somewhat touristy. You will have an amazing trip, some of the most beautiful places we have ever been to. Make sure and take the train/trolley over to Murren for a day or two. We stayed in Murren as it was a smaller town than Grindelwald and was fantastic. If you had a couple of extra nights, would recommend a stay in Bern downtown. The train and trolley systems are very easy to use to get around the country. Have a great trip.

tramper

FNG
We stayed in Murren. Beautiful area. Lots of hiking and gondola rides to be had. You can take a train up to the top of Jungfrau...not sure where you catch it. We plan to go back someday. The photo below was taken from our hotel window.Murren.JPG

ODB

WKR
yes. Interlaken was very cool. We went in about 2002. That is one beautiful place. I remember we got off the train in Zurich with our bags and wanted to hike to one of the churches and climb to the top.

There was a bakery on the way and we asked the owner if we could leave our bags and pick them up later. "Of course" she said and told us where to put them. There were about half a dozen other bags there - turns out it was common for this to happen. Of course we gave the lady some business on the way back.

Looking back I am glad we went before the age of the influencer.

Bert01

FNG
I was in Interlaken and Grindelwald last month. We stayed at the Eiger Lodge in Grindelwald, it was a nice place and fairly new. The first day we drove to the eastern end of town. There is a trail complex there where the road ends and a nice place to get a beer after hiking around for a while. The next day we took the gondola and then the train up to Jungfrau. If you go up there definetly hike over the glacier to the Mönchsjochhütte.

North face of the Eiger from my hotel room
1722401784574.jpeg