Summer Adventures

BluMtn

WKR
What are/have been your summer adventures this year?
So far mine are:
Got to see some new country that I have been meaning to get to see for years. Didn't get to see it all, so a return trip is in the works.
Backpacked in and stayed at a FS lookout.
Going backpacking in the Gospel and Buffalo Hump Wilderness at the end of the month.
I'm going to try to get into a couple of alpine lakes above McCall or Seven Devils after the summer crowds go home.
You will love the humps. Been to both of them several times. We had reservations to Redfish Lake at Stanely, but those plans went up in smoke. I guess we will extend our stay around Burgdorf longer.

OP
Customweld
You will love the humps. Been to both of them several times. We had reservations to Redfish Lake at Stanely, but those plans went up in smoke. I guess we will extend our stay around Burgdorf longer.
We love both those of areas.I spend more time in Gospel than Buffalo but they are both cool. The Devil's Staircase is aptly named!
I hope they get that Redfish fire out! Burgdorf is an awesome place too.

MTguy0341

Lil-Rokslider
Work and work. Took the weekend of the 4th off to get on the lake with the family. Building my personal house so it eats up a lot of the free time. Get as far as I can before September, then it’s off to the hills for a few months

Spring/Summer 2024, spent 64 days hunting bears. Now on a three-week paperwork "break" before the fall/winter hunting season begins.

IDVortex

WKR
Another thing I'm wanting to try and do this year is make a trip down to the Frank Church even for a weekend and backpack it. Tried getting into it twice this spring and couldn't get into the area I was trying. But would love to go, wife would rather have me go with someone, but don't know many guys that's willing to do something like that. 😂

idahodave

WKR
Banked some goodwill with the wife and took her north to get out of the desert and into the trees and water. Also rode the Trail of the Hiawatha while we were up there…

Attachments

• IMG_5505.jpeg
    IMG_5505.jpeg
    199 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_5539.jpeg
    IMG_5539.jpeg
    541.1 KB · Views: 19
OP
Customweld
Banked some goodwill with the wife and took her north to get out of the desert and into the trees and water. Also rode the Trail of the Hiawatha while we were up there…
If I was a biker, the Hiawatha would be on the top of my list. We passed through there last week. Went over Moon Pass from Avery. I need to read up on the Milwaukee train line. Seems like some great history that I missed out on learning.

BluMtn

WKR
If I was a biker, the Hiawatha would be on the top of my list. We passed through there last week. Went over Moon Pass from Avery. I need to read up on the Milwaukee train line. Seems like some great history that I missed out on learning.
Hey Customweld, did they have Moon Pass open? We were there the last week of June and they had Moon Pass closed trying to clean up the rockslide. I had 14 SxS's on that trip, we were staying in Wallace and had several trips planned that included going over Moon Pass. Had to change two of them and still went over to the Hiawatha but had to take everybody over slate creek, it is alot slower and longer. While you read about the Milwaukee rail line also study about the 1910 fire that went through there and all the heroism that took place saving people.

OP
Customweld
Hey Customweld, did they have Moon Pass open? We were there the last week of June and they had Moon Pass closed trying to clean up the rockslide. I had 14 SxS's on that trip, we were staying in Wallace and had several trips planned that included going over Moon Pass. Had to change two of them and still went over to the Hiawatha but had to take everybody over slate creek, it is alot slower and longer. While you read about the Milwaukee rail line also study about the 1910 fire that went through there and all the heroism that took place saving people.
Moon Pass was open, they were hauling Jersey barriers out when we went through. The road was in great shape. That was July 8th.
That 1910 fire was an absolute beast! 3M acres. Quite possibly attributing to one of the greatest elk herds in the northwest.That was the catalyst for establishing the lookouts across the country.

Good so far. Got shrimp rockfish and halibut in the freezer. Headed south next weekend to do some flossing and dipping off a dock for salmon. One goal is to shoot something with my pole spear out in pws.
cf8d17cb0e2e9e74f7e320596594ecbc.jpg
a91456eeb0fe1642b9eb5fb22cd68ca8.jpg
8b1411174234b797c108ba87394dd105.jpg
72c2f332a428bde5c7e3212014d4b80c.jpg
0d468c15bd873cc57fb9c2a65b7beca8.jpg
6b31c591fca50098a4cf90db2d837016.jpg

Sent from my SM-S921U using Tapatalk