Swfa zero stop shims ?

Anyone want to explain how this works? I’ve seen a lot of posts but never messed with SWFA zero stop. Now I have a 6x and would like to add a stop.

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Anyone want to explain how this works? I’ve seen a lot of posts but never messed with SWFA zero stop. Now I have a 6x and would like to add a stop.
Baseline description: The turret cap is a closed end tube that is placed over a smaller diameter tube extending up from the scope body with the dialing mechanism inside this tube. Clear?

They fit up in the cap and bump against the tube extending up from the scope body limiting how far down you can dial (which lowers the cap down and creates more overlap).

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Anybody up for designing some for the 3x9?
I modeled one real quick based off my 3-9, you got a printer or does anyone else that wants to validate some dimensions? I can email the STL file I tossed together quick.

Or for anyone that wants to play around with the concept themselves its just a cylinder. I did a 22.5mm OD x 12.5mm ID cylinder. On my scope it appears there is about 7.4mm of deadspace in the cap compared to where my turret bottoms out naturally. Each revolution appeared to be about .67mm. Thus if you needed it to stop at 1revolution above your bottomed out point the cylinder would need to be about 8.07mm tall. Again this was just some quick measurements off one personal scope so considering it a ballpark starting point.