SWFA Wait Times

matthewmt

WKR
Wish I would've bought 2 6x when I bought my 1st swfa last memorial day. It was on sale for 219 with free rings, bubble level and sunshade and was in stock.

I wonder how big the demand for their products really are and the quantity they receive when they get them.

Someone mentioned a shipment around the end of the year but no eta on HD models at this time.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

gbflyer

WKR
It’s quite likely that those folks are involved in other endeavors and the SWFA thing is a sideline/labor of love, etc. They could be quite content with their program. All kinds of business scenarios out there that I don’t understand.

fwafwow

WKR
It’s quite likely that those folks are involved in other endeavors and the SWFA thing is a sideline/labor of love, etc. They could be quite content with their program. All kinds of business scenarios out there that I don’t understand.
I did a little digging and I'm pretty sure you are right that this isn't the owners' only business. That doesn't mean anything, or much, at least to me personally. But I was thinking that someone must live close to Red Oak TX and might be able to figure out more info, or at least get someone from there to try to explain. For me, I don't think I'm switching from my SWFAs to Maven, but I'm somewhat fickle and a gear whore.

BLJ

WKR
Wish I would've bought 2 6x when I bought my 1st swfa last memorial day. It was on sale for 219 with free rings, bubble level and sunshade and was in stock.

I wonder how big the demand for their products really are and the quantity they receive when they get them.

Someone mentioned a shipment around the end of the year but no eta on HD models at this time.

I’ve thought the same thing. Should have bought 3-4.

ztc92

Lil-Rokslider
For anyone wondering about the customer service side of things, I sent in a SWFA 3-15 that was damaged when the rifle fell and working 24 hours of receiving it they gave me a store credit to purchase anything I wanted. Email and phone communication was prompt and easy. I ordered the exact same scope and it shipped the next day. I think the issues are all due to inventory as the business itself has great service.

Just thought I would provide an update - brand new 3-15 arrived yesterday, which is basically 3 business days because of the Christmas holiday. I know the lack of inventory is frustrating (I’m still waiting on a 3-9 from March 2023) but their business seems to be working just fine otherwise.

matthewmt

WKR
Nice, hoping they get restocked soon. I setup my backorders to ship whichever comes in 1st between the 6x and 3-9 so I can start shooting asap.

Buzby

WKR
I run a periodical publishing company and have for over 15 years. Multiple times I have moved presses when they start getting wishy washy on delivery times. That tells me immediately they have internal issues that I don’t want to be a part of. So we bail ASAP. The whole back order forever thing is just bizarre to me. If a supplier can’t meet production needs, you find another supplier.

But I do wish I could get my back ordered Mil 6x to replace the MOA one I have. Hopes are low as they get though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There’s not a lot of oem scope manufacturers. Even fewer that consistently make good scopes. Switching suppliers is not likely an option.

ljalberta

WKR
Maybe the lack of consistent supply from the supplier is one way they’re able to keep the prices reasonable?

I waited months for my 3-9 and it is absolutely my preferred scope for backpack hunting at the moment. The 6MQ might take the cake for me if it was in the same slimmed down package as the 3-9.

If I ever lost them, I would backorder replacements that day. Worth the wait for me.

Snowhunter11

Lil-Rokslider
It very well could be.. with no definitive timeline on back order. These scopes may be made when the factory is slow at a reduced rate. Maven was able to spin off a scope in warp speed time from LOW I assume. I believe LOW makes the HD lineup of SWFA. Correct me if I am wrong 🤷‍♂️

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I get a kick out of people who say they wouldn't order from them again. If they got a full restock rokslide would break the internet making orders!
I don’t know, when was it a year or so ago when SWFA randomly had 3-9s for sale. I bought one the day they announced it then called like 5 days later and they still had more (ordered 2 more).

I figured they would have sold out right away but apparently not.

I don’t know, when was it a year or so ago when SWFA randomly had 3-9s for sale. I bought one the day they announced it then called like 5 days later and they still had more (ordered 2 more).

I figured they would have sold out right away but apparently not.

I ordered a 6x on the sale a day later called to order a 3x9 and got put on backorder. I thought they forgot about me but apparently I’m not the only one with a year old back order

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk