Which rifle scope would you choose

• SWFA 3-9x

Votes: 17 77.3%
  • SWFA 3-15x

Votes: 5 22.7%

• Total voters

JFK

WKR
If you are ok with a sfp scope the nightforce shv 3-10 is a solid choice. I have one and and a swfa 3-9, and prefer the shv. Shoot mine out to 600 regularly.

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
It's pretty tough getting a 1.2 right now too.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk
A couple weeks since last restock is different than a couple years. :p I feel good about the assumption maven will get some more of the 1.2 within months. I am starting to wonder if SWFA will ever get more 3x9, hopefully I am wrong. And/or someone fills the void in that market.

RWT

Lil-Rokslider
The RS 1 has been tested and I just shipped mine to Ryan today. Should be in his hands next week.

Let’s hope it holds up to @Form.

I would really like to try the Maven 2.5x10 1” model and compare it to the Tri Credo 3x9. Looks to be a good set-forget option I can provide to all my no dialing, hunting buddies.

Regarding the original question. I have all 3 of the scopes mentioned. The Maven smokes the SWFA’s in every category but weight IMO. As soon as the RS1.2’s are back in stock I’ll be parting ways with all but one SWFA. The SWFA will always have a spot in my safe,however, they are an unfortunate victim of poor business practices. No warranty support is killing their brand.

Grundy53

WKR
A couple weeks since last restock is different than a couple years. I feel good about the assumption maven will get some more of the 1.2 within months. I am starting to wonder if SWFA will ever get more 3x9, hopefully I am wrong. And/or someone fills the void in that market.
I completely agree. I just wish they could keep them in stock. Every time they get them in stock its like trying to get an Idaho tag.

Grundy53

WKR
The RS 1 has been tested and I just shipped mine to Ryan today. Should be in his hands next week.

Let’s hope it holds up to @Form.

I would really like to try the Maven 2.5x10 1” model and compare it to the Tri Credo 3x9. Looks to be a good set-forget option I can provide to all my no dialing, hunting buddies.

Regarding the original question. I have all 3 of the scopes mentioned. The Maven smokes the SWFA’s in every category but weight IMO. As soon as the RS1.2’s are back in stock I’ll be parting ways with all but one SWFA. The SWFA will always have a spot in my safe,however, they are an unfortunate victim of poor business practices. No warranty support is killing their brand.
It would be great if they offered it in mils.

WKR
I’m not an expert or prolific shooter. I do have all 3 of those (the Maven is new to me and hasn’t been mounted). As others have said, I think you can’t go wrong with any of them. I’m very optimistic about the new Maven. But I currently don’t think I will let go of the 3-9 or 3-15. (Or the 6x.)
So all that talk about selling a 3-9 was a big tease?!?

fwafwow

WKR
So all that talk about selling a 3-9 was a big tease?!?
Ha! I’m still thinking, but then I wonder why sell the fixed powers - they are so inexpensive and no harm in keeping them. And while the 3-9 was more expensive, as soon as I sell it, I will probably regret it.

Ha! I’m still thinking, but then I wonder why sell the fixed powers - they are so inexpensive and no harm in keeping them. And while the 3-9 was more expensive, as soon as I sell it, I will probably regret it.
Well if you decide to sell the 3-9 I'd swap you for my fixed 6x or 3-15 plus the difference in price! Haha

Latest posts

Featured Video

Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
triforce