Swarovski EL Range w/ Tracking Assistant

huntnful

WKR
Update on my 8x42's, they had to go back for repair after my 22' season. They worked great for several months then right around September I noticed they were ranging less distance seemingly each week or so, even after changing batteries. Then I get to wyoming early October and they won't range past 500 yards 😑

Luckily had recently gotten the revic br4 rangefinder so it didn't impact my hunts. I sent them in to swaro at the end of October, they just got to Austria like 10 days ago and repair might take 2-4 months apparently. Gonna call and ask for a loaner pair on Monday. Kinda bummed, was hoping to trust these enough to not bring a seperate RF for rifle hunts, but now not sure if I should've just gotten the revic br4 and some NL pure instead of these
I went the NL Pure/ BR4 route, after being not impressed with EL Range T’s. I love the combo and have no regrets. Best binos on the market and best ballistic rangefinder. Although nothing is as nice as ranging with a set of binos, that’s for sure.

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Update on my 8x42's, they had to go back for repair after my 22' season. They worked great for several months then right around September I noticed they were ranging less distance seemingly each week or so, even after changing batteries. Then I get to wyoming early October and they won't range past 500 yards 😑

Luckily had recently gotten the revic br4 rangefinder so it didn't impact my hunts. I sent them in to swaro at the end of October, they just got to Austria like 10 days ago and repair might take 2-4 months apparently. Gonna call and ask for a loaner pair on Monday. Kinda bummed, was hoping to trust these enough to not bring a seperate RF for rifle hunts, but now not sure if I should've just gotten the revic br4 and some NL pure instead of these
what a bummer. Sorry to hear this. Not expected from Alpha glass

...and their return time is terrible right now due to the whole supply issue. Sent my broken SLC in November and just heard from them last week.

So I called them on Monday to ask for a loaner pair because last week they said their computer system for loaners was down, got through after a little over an hour this time. To my surprise she told me that they just got my binos back from Austria, they were repaired and they were getting ready to be shipped back to me. I was told last week to expect 2-4 more months, hopefully now they range longer distances consistently again like they did when I first got them 🤞

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
So I called them on Monday to ask for a loaner pair because last week they said their computer system for loaners was down, got through after a little over an hour this time. To my surprise she told me that they just got my binos back from Austria, they were repaired and they were getting ready to be shipped back to me. I was told last week to expect 2-4 more months, hopefully now they range longer distances consistently again like they did when I first got them

Electro-optics definitely have more reliability issues generally. That is why they rarely have the full warranty of general sport optics from the same company. Even at the top shelf, regardless of brand, it is a good idea to have a backup rangefinding and observation tool in case of an issue.

I do think durability and reliability will get better because advanced electro-optics are where the market is headed.

I went the NL Pure/ BR4 route, after being not impressed with EL Range T’s. I love the combo and have no regrets. Best binos on the market and best ballistic rangefinder. Although nothing is as nice as ranging with a set of binos, that’s for sure.

That is a good combo.

What were the issues you had with the ELRTA?

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
So I called them on Monday to ask for a loaner pair because last week they said their computer system for loaners was down, got through after a little over an hour this time. To my surprise she told me that they just got my binos back from Austria, they were repaired and they were getting ready to be shipped back to me. I was told last week to expect 2-4 more months, hopefully now they range longer distances consistently again like they did when I first got them 🤞
Good to hear, I’ve seen them under-promise and over-deliver more than a few times.

Let us know when you get them and how they perform

huntnful

WKR
Electro-optics definitely have more reliability issues generally. That is why they rarely have the full warranty of general sport optics from the same company. Even at the top shelf, regardless of brand, it is a good idea to have a backup rangefinding and observation tool in case of an issue.

I do think durability and reliability will get better because advanced electro-optics are where the market is headed.

That is a good combo.

What were the issues you had with the ELRTA?
Mine just had poor ranging ability. Barely ranged 12-1400 yards.

Got the binos back yesterday, they appear to be working as good as they did when they were brand new. Hopefully it stays that way🤞

Great, how much did they charge?

and did they say what happened?
I didn't pay a dime but no detailed explanation included, just a breakdown of the labor. I tossed the paper yesterday but I think it said 1.5 hours of troubleshooting and .5 hours recalibrating the electronics. Said $249 for labor i think but also said I had nothing due under that