Swarovski EL Range w/ Tracking Assistant

So I know these new EL Range TA models have Swarovision field flattening, but other than that, are they equal to the EL’s otherwise in glass quality and lens coatings?

The EL Range was the same optics system as the original EL Bino (1999 vintage). The EL Range TA is Swarovision, so the same as a current EL Binocular, but with a wider FOV. I'd put it between the current EL binocular and an NL (much closer to the EL) in terms of the optics.

If anyone was wondering like i was when i got them, these work great for archery hunting, for me at least. Ive had no problem ranging things one handed in thst crucial moment and i havent missed my dedicated rangefinder one bit! Really nice when you do see an animal in the binos to just be able to range it right there. Plus idk about other rangefinders but my bushnell one sucks at any real distance in low light so thats another plus for these

Colterw

FNG
What bino harness is everyone using with the 10x42s? They aren't fitting well in my current alaska guide creations cub. Will the magnets on the marsupial mess with the bino's compass?

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
What is the best way for mounting these to a tripod?
Does Swaro provide one in the box?

No Factory adapter or stud included. Such a shame. Contact outdoorsman, they offered a stud install. Tell them Rokslide sent you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Venatic

FNG
Got the Stone Glacier bino harness in size large. Setup per instructions and it does fit fine. Only worn it at the house but seems like a good system .

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Got the Stone Glacier bino harness in size large. Setup per instructions and it does fit fine. Only worn it at the house but seems like a good system .

Thanks for letting us know!

kabarNC

FNG

Would that system work good with the forehead rest installed? Playing Bino Harness Roulette myself now, I ordered the 10x42s after reading this thread.

Also I have a Dead On Industries bino adapter headed my way, to mount to a small Slik QR adapter plate from S & S Archery.

Anyone have suggestions for bino harnesses and sizes with that adapter and the forehead rest installed?

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
I may have missed it somewhere but was there a “thinking delay” in these like the gen 1’s when ranging something at distance?

I don’t remember any noticeable lag in response time at distance.

kabarNC

FNG
Ended up with a Marsupial Gear No Mag size medium. Super happy with quality, and they have great customer service!
The bino is a shade tight with the forehead rest attached, but easily workable and will only fit better once the pack is broken in.

Also ditched the Dead On Industries tripod adapter and went with the Aziak arca clamp, love it. It's so small, it doesn't even hang below the belly on the bottom of the bino.

20211222_213449.jpg

20211222_213545.jpg

20211222_213731.jpg

20211222_213830.jpg

Ended up with a Marsupial Gear No Mag size medium. Super happy with quality, and they have great customer service!
The bino is a shade tight with the forehead rest attached, but easily workable and will only fit better once the pack is broken in.

Also ditched the Dead On Industries tripod adapter and went with the Aziak arca clamp, love it. It's so small, it doesn't even hang below the belly on the bottom of the bino.

View attachment 359429

View attachment 359430

View attachment 359432

View attachment 359433
Gonna have to get me one of those adapters, thats sweet!

Thanks for posting up the review.

Saving my pennies for a big bino purchase.

I don’t do a ton of rifle hunting (yet) but assuming my wife and I move back West I certainly will pick it back up.

I really like the idea of having a RF/bino combo to simplify things, and am primarily a bow hunter so having the ranging button on the correct side is a big deal for me

Last edited:
Update on my 8x42's, they had to go back for repair after my 22' season. They worked great for several months then right around September I noticed they were ranging less distance seemingly each week or so, even after changing batteries. Then I get to wyoming early October and they won't range past 500 yards 😑

Luckily had recently gotten the revic br4 rangefinder so it didn't impact my hunts. I sent them in to swaro at the end of October, they just got to Austria like 10 days ago and repair might take 2-4 months apparently. Gonna call and ask for a loaner pair on Monday. Kinda bummed, was hoping to trust these enough to not bring a seperate RF for rifle hunts, but now not sure if I should've just gotten the revic br4 and some NL pure instead of these