Suzuki Carry or side by side?

aaron600rr

Lil-Rokslider
I'm looking at getting a Suzuki Carry or a side by side as a hunt vehicle and I'm curious if anyone's used or owns a Suzuki Carry and their thoughts compared to something like a side by side.

I do own an ATV for areas that are harder to reach with a bigger vehicle.

Side by side would be much more nimble, stable, faster, and more fun.

My buddy had a Scarry (his actually said “S carry” right on the tailgate. He put ATV style tires on his.

Riding around sitting on/in front of the front wheels is very odd feeling in rough terrain.

I thought they were cool till I actually rode and drove in one. I lost interest real fast and my buddy was the same. I think he owned it just one hunting season.

I'm looking at getting a Suzuki Carry or a side by side as a hunt vehicle and I'm curious if anyone's used or owns a Suzuki Carry and their thoughts compared to something like a side by side.

I do own an ATV for areas that are harder to reach with a bigger vehicle.
you will hate the ride. Suspension travel of a UTV/ATV/SxS is way to go

From my experience putting lots of miles on a sxs, I'd say it really depends on the actual road conditions where you hunt, how much you're actually scouting/driving vs. on your feet hunting and the weather you'll be facing. Be realistic.

To set up a sxs to be able to be something you'll be ok driving in during -10 to 20 degree weather for many miles will cost a heck of a lot of money (tight cab, heater, etc.) on top of expensive sxs cost). In my case, once i have a good idea of the area I may drive a good distance to get to hunting spots, but then the vehicle is parked. So I found a Lexus LX470 to be way better for my purposes, saving $12+k vs. a sxs. On top of cash savings it is quiet, dust free and while travel slower it's much more comfortable than a truck.

That said, a sxs is certainly very fun to drive if you have open country where can open it up, rock crawling, plus in good weather. If you have brutal forest roads it would be a game changer. If you have buddies who ride, it's fun to go together on non hunting seasons and for scouting it is very nice to have the soft suspension to check out new areas.

Definitely pros and cons of a sxs vs. Suzuki or other softer suspension suv/truck. My LX470 has a tighter turning radius than my sxs did, which turns out to be a real pleasure.

Good luck as it's a fun decision.

fmyth

WKR
From my experience putting lots of miles on a sxs, I'd say it really depends on the actual road conditions where you hunt, how much you're actually scouting/driving vs. on your feet hunting and the weather you'll be facing. Be realistic.

To set up a sxs to be able to be something you'll be ok driving in during -10 to 20 degree weather for many miles will cost a heck of a lot of money (tight cab, heater, etc.) on top of expensive sxs cost). In my case, once i have a good idea of the area I may drive a good distance to get to hunting spots, but then the vehicle is parked. So I found a Lexus LX470 to be way better for my purposes, saving $12+k vs. a sxs. On top of cash savings it is quiet, dust free and while travel slower it's much more comfortable than a truck.

That said, a sxs is certainly very fun to drive if you have open country where can open it up, rock crawling, plus in good weather. If you have brutal forest roads it would be a game changer. If you have buddies who ride, it's fun to go together on non hunting seasons and for scouting it is very nice to have the soft suspension to check out new areas.

Definitely pros and cons of a sxs vs. Suzuki or other softer suspension suv/truck. My LX470 has a tighter turning radius than my sxs did, which turns out to be a real pleasure.

Good luck as it's a fun decision.
What sxs did you have that had a 40 plus foot turning radius? According to Lexus the turning radius on a LX470 is 39.7'. My Yamaha Rhino does it in 12.7' and my Polaris XP900 does it in 18' which is terrible compared to new machines available today.

Weldor

WKR
Neighbor has the Suzuki, IMHO it's a farm or ranch utility vehicle compared to a good SXS. Don't think I would want to take where I go with my Can am pro xt.

What sxs did you have that had a 40 plus foot turning radius? According to Lexus the turning radius on a LX470 is 39.7'. My Yamaha Rhino does it in 12.7' and my Polaris XP900 does it in 18' which is terrible compared to new machines available today.
I had the Honda Talon X4, which was great in a lot of ways. Specs say its turning radius is 21.3' and the 2005 Lexus LX470 specs say 20.9'. Think maybe the 39.7' you saw was listed somewhere as the Turning Circle, though I've never used that term.

While the Lexus is techincally just a little bit less, it actually feels more than that. I think the Talon X4 was especially wide as it's a 4 seater plus seemed to be designed more for higher speed riding, but that's just my theory.

fmyth

WKR
I had the Honda Talon X4, which was great in a lot of ways. Specs say its turning radius is 21.3' and the 2005 Lexus LX470 specs say 20.9'. Think maybe the 39.7' you saw was listed somewhere as the Turning Circle, though I've never used that term.

While the Lexus is techincally just a little bit less, it actually feels more than that. I think the Talon X4 was especially wide as it's a 4 seater plus seemed to be designed more for higher speed riding, but that's just my theory.
You are correct. Turning radius is 21 and change and turning diameter is 40 and change.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-11-13 at 6.39.02 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-11-13 at 6.39.02 PM.png
    73.9 KB · Views: 4