Suppressor wait times

GreyBeck

Lil-Rokslider
My wait for a can is taking months - ordered in May - still not here to even start the forms

WKR

WKR
Still waiting from 12/15/23…don’t get me started on being irritated.
I'm right there with you, individual or trust?
1/31/24 and still counting. Already sent 3 emails to nics and get the same canned response every time. I'm waiting on 4 different cans and have another that just got delivered to my dealer.

I'm also in the middle of obtaining my ffl and sot. I'm almost thinking I'll get approved for that before the form 4. Which at that point I'll cancel all the form 4's and put the cans on a form 3 and take them home in the companies name.

TheViking

WKR
I'm right there with you, individual or trust?
1/31/24 and still counting. Already sent 3 emails to nics and get the same canned response every time. I'm waiting on 4 different cans and have another that just got delivered to my dealer.

I'm also in the middle of obtaining my ffl and sot. I'm almost thinking I'll get approved for that before the form 4. Which at that point I'll cancel all the form 4's and put the cans on a form 3 and take them home in the companies name.

Trust

Bluefish

WKR
Trusts are slower. I am now over 13 months since purchasing one suppressor and still no approval. I also have one that’s supposedly being expedited as my dealer is trying to close and it’s been almost 2 weeks since it was expedited. No approval yet.

WKR

WKR
Got a batch approval today (kinda)

Sycthe ti
Omega 300
Both submitted 1/31/24
Only the scythe was approved 8/13/24

DD Lti
Hybrid 46
Both submitted 6/7/24
Approved 8/13/24

All individual

wesfromky

WKR
Gambled on getting on of the quick individual approvals, but sitting at 110 days on that one. So I did what any reasonable person would do, bought another and certified it today as another SS trust. My last three SS trusts were all approved within a week, even though there was a couple of month gap in certification dates.
The individual for a ocl hydrogen 6.5 was just approved at 117 days. Now to see if they pick up the trust I just certified last week, or if that one is going to be 100+ days as well.

FZMT

FNG
Got a batch approval today (kinda)

Sycthe ti
Omega 300
Both submitted 1/31/24
Only the scythe was approved 8/13/24

DD Lti
Hybrid 46
Both submitted 6/7/24
Approved 8/13/24

All individual
I’d guess the Omega gets approved today too, but if it doesn’t I’d definitely email the IPB/ATF with the control numbers from the approved ones and ask that the Omega be approved as well.

It seems like sometimes a little nudge can help with batching.

WKR

WKR
I’d guess the Omega gets approved today too, but if it doesn’t I’d definitely email the IPB/ATF with the control numbers from the approved ones and ask that the Omega be approved as well.

It seems like sometimes a little nudge can help with batching.
Which email? Only one I've used before was nics

FZMT

FNG
Woke up today to the omega approval.
I didn't have to send an email.
Awesome, good when everything works out.

Out of curiosity, did you happen to complete a NICS check for a firearm while you were waiting?

I’m curious if passing a NICS will force through a delayed individual eForm. I might give it a shot on my next can.

WKR

WKR
Awesome, good when everything works out.

Out of curiosity, did you happen to complete a NICS check for a firearm while you were waiting?

I’m curious if passing a NICS will force through a delayed individual eForm. I might give it a shot on my next can.
In the time between submitting the form 4's (2 in January and 2 in June) yes I had a few firearm purchases/checks and I also have a FFL 07 application that is being processed. I also emailed Nics 2 times regarding the form 4's.

I dont know if anything had an effect on the approvals though to be honest. Although if anything did, I believe it was the ffl application being processed because I noticed 2 weeks ago that my account was charged the application fee, then this week I received my form 4 approvals.
This is purely speculation, but I would assume that before I could get my SOT and cancel all 4 tax stamps and refund them into a form 3, they pushed my form 4's through.

Again this is just speculation, but it has some logic to it. It could all just be random coincidence. Also coincidentally its my birthday today and to have all my cans approved is a wonderful birthday gift from the ATF 🤣 but let's be serious, there's no way they care that much

Fetty Wapiti

Lil-Rokslider
Just got 2 approvals, 60 and 109 days each for an individual. Had one clear in 4 days earlier this year. Seems like a game of pulling straws

ShortMagFan

Lil-Rokslider
Eform trust. Ordered thru silencer central June 4, submitted to atf June 11, approved today august 14. We will see when I get it in my hands.

I know a few folks don’t like silencer centrals process but I ordered another thru them today. They have all my info and prints on file so it took about 4 minutes to place the order and another 4 just now to fill out the paperwork

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Eform trust. Ordered thru silencer central June 4, submitted to atf June 11, approved today august 14. We will see when I get it in my hands.

I know a few folks don’t like silencer centrals process but I ordered another thru them today. They have all my info and prints on file so it took about 4 minutes to place the order and another 4 just now to fill out the paperwork
Hopefully not a banish 30.