Suppressor wait times

zdc1775

FNG
Just received the approval today, 08/06, for the second of the two I submitted on 03/11. The first one was approved 07/15. So 127 and 149 days respectively. Both were in a trust with 2 RP's that hold DoD security clearances and that already owns several other NFA items that were approved in the past 24 months.

Last edited:
The unvetted rumor that I heard was that the atf has been getting some bad publicity for not really doing anything so they have been trying to speed up approval turn around time to justify they are needed. Which seems dumb to me but whatever

khuber84

WKR
A supressor should be cleared with a background check same as weapons purchase. It's not a weapon, has no ordnance, or ability to create explosions. It's a muzzle device, same as a brake. These atf/fed cunts should have zero jurisdiction over them, it's a simple money grab taxation(aka theft) transaction of control.

gabenzeke

WKR
A supressor should be cleared with a background check same as weapons purchase. It's not a weapon, has no ordnance, or ability to create explosions. It's a muzzle device, same as a brake. These atf/fed cunts should have zero jurisdiction over them, it's a simple money grab taxation(aka theft) transaction of control.
No. Should be available over the counter. No check involved.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

wesfromky

WKR
Gambled on getting on of the quick individual approvals, but sitting at 110 days on that one. So I did what any reasonable person would do, bought another and certified it today as another SS trust. My last three SS trusts were all approved within a week, even though there was a couple of month gap in certification dates.

That is what I would do if I could do it without my wife murdering me. I narrowly escaped death on the first purchase by selling a scope.

Bubbadoyle

Lil-Rokslider
similar, just had an SS trust approved in 66 days.

I’m at 56 days on mine so hopefully i can get this one around 60 days. My first two were 338 days and approved almost a year ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

vectordawg

Lil-Rokslider
I’m new to the suppressor world so I’m not sure what all the abbreviations here mean but I dropped my paperwork at fedex 6/21 and got the approval 7/6 (Saturday!!!).

Good Lord. I'm starting to get a little angry. I submitted my individual form June 21 and I'm still waiting.