Suppressor wait times

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Trustees have to get background check and fingerprints at time of apppication for a suppressor.

However, lots of people apply as an individual trust, then add trustees after they get their suppressor. In this case, no background check or finger prints are required.
My wife is the only one on my trust, she’s never had to provide fingerprints or anything like that. I just got my scythe approved and added to my trust this morning.

Bluefish

WKR
My wife is the only one on my trust, she’s never had to provide fingerprints or anything like that. I just got my scythe approved and added to my trust this morning.
They are inconsistent on this. I have multiple nfa items on the same trust, I am the trustee and she is the successor trustee. Two approvals did not require her to submit fingerprints, but I had several rejected after my approvals as she had not submitted prints. I had to resubmit with her prints, they were then approved 6 months later.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
They are inconsistent on this. I have multiple nfa items on the same trust, I am the trustee and she is the successor trustee. Two approvals did not require her to submit fingerprints, but I had several rejected after my approvals as she had not submitted prints. I had to resubmit with her prints, they were then approved 6 months later.
I’ll count myself lucky then. I doubt I’ll be buying more silencers anytime soon since I have 5 of them.

D R T

FNG
And unfortunately silencer shop doesn't have their crap together. Their software for finalizing individual form 4s is down. It's taking weeks to even get your form 4 submitted to the ATF. The ATF is not the issue anymore.
Bought can from LGS through the silencer shop portal on 12/6 and silencer shop’s expert service finally got my paperwork submitted to the feds on 2/13. This one was a trust submission and I hope to get it by hunting season, but I doubt it.

Since this submission my LGS has started doing their own submissions. Bought another can from them filing as an individual on 5/3. ATF had my paperwork at 14:44 on 5/3. I received approval on 5/8 at 08:33.

JaegerWI

FNG
First time ordering through SilencerShop. Form 3 was approved 5/20, but there hasn't been any new info and the LGS where I'm doing transfer through hasn't received suppressor yet. Is this a normal amount of time to wait? And I'm correct in that I can't move forward with the process until they receive the can?

Reactions: GIS

wesfromky

WKR
First time ordering through SilencerShop. Form 3 was approved 5/20, but there hasn't been any new info and the LGS where I'm doing transfer through hasn't received suppressor yet. Is this a normal amount of time to wait? And I'm correct in that I can't move forward with the process until they receive the can?
Visit this link - it will show you where you are in the process - https://www.silencershop.com/dealerprice/dealer/myorders/

ssgjpd

Lil-Rokslider
Classified Approved
Got a approval for trust that was submitted on 2/14/2024

Still waiting on the individual 3/12/2024

Nine Banger

Lil-Rokslider
Shoot2HuntU
I ordered 2 Checkmates from Griffin Armament directly with their To Your Door program promotion that had a discount code on Tuesday 5/7.

They arrived to my door today on 6/5.

29 days...to South Carolina.

IMG_5489.jpg

Last edited:

Tmac

WKR
I ordered an in stock one 5/27 from Silencer shop, shipping info says due to arrive at dealer 6/5. As far as I know they need to receive it before you move forward, verify serial number etc.

JSMITT6

FNG
Currently have an Omega in jail. Trust, certified in February. Hopefully will be cleared soon!

Tmac

WKR
I ordered an in stock one 5/27 from Silencer shop, shipping info says due to arrive at dealer 6/5. As far as I know they need to receive it before you move forward, verify serial number etc.
Arrived late yesterday, dealer called me today and form 4 was submitted. Now we wait again.

New trust set up and applied for 2 .30 cal suppressors.

January 14 applied through Silencer Shop.

1st approval was May 17 and second was today.

I’m sorry I put it off so long.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk