Suppressor wait times

Samson7x

WKR
Understand the frustration for sure. I was at 7 months when I started calling. And I was delayed as well. Started the process for a UPIN, as that seems the only way to avoid getting delayed all the time.

Interesting. Wasn't aware of UPIN....will do more research on that process. Thanks.

Gynaroo

FNG
Got my approval today. Trust submitted on 11/16. Two cans (bought the same day but submitted a week apart). Approval was only for one of two. So much for batching. But this approval was 140 days vs 272 last time.

peaches

Lil-Rokslider
I was wondering what's up! I purchased a Sparrow through SS, my 4th can from them. It took 3 weeks to get the form 3 done and received by my local dealer. I got notified by the dealer it is there, but I am still waiting to certify and it will be 4 weeks on Weds.

Hopefully I'll get approved faster than it took to certify! Is this happening to other Silencer Shop customers?
Well, I spoke truth to power. Certified 4/2 in the afternoon and got approved yesterday morning! Basically 1 day, amazing! Great job ATF.

RMM

WKR
I bit the bullet and started the process on my first suppressor yesterday. Scythe TI Individual from my local deal who I also happen to work part time for. Unfortunately we use a silencer shop kiosk some I'm hoping to have it in hand in under two months

Haggin

Lil-Rokslider
Update on my prior post, with Capitol Armory related timeline of dates/action. I can and do purchase locally, but Capitol had what I wanted in stock, their prices are generally very competitive, and I wanted to try it to see how it went. This should provide a good idea of their process. So far, its gone very good, and I'm probably in the longest waiting part now.

I also had set up a ATF eforms account a while ago. I did have some issues with default "county" in my address as I live rural, but ATF admin was helpful in getting it corrected (three day process from email to final change). If you don't have one by now, go ahead and set it up.

All dates are 2024.
22 March: Purchased and Paid for suppressor and fingerprint kit as I am a first time customer
22 March: Shipping notice for fingerprint kit received via email.
23 March: "Please Complete Online Profile" email received. This is separate from your profile on their store site.
23 March: "Please send fingerprints" email received. Included links to providers of EFT files to upload them electronically.
26 March: Fingerprint Kit received and self rolled my prints. Return envelope with postage paid included, but its snail mail.
27 March: Had to run to the "big city" of Lincoln, NE for parts, and the links provided by Capitol indicated there was a UPS store that could do my prints and transfer them via the EFT file. PrintScan, LLC is the provider and cost was $65. I didn't know Lincoln had a location because PrintScan had it under Lancaster (the county) versus Lincoln. Self serve kiosk at the UPS Store with an employee watching over your shoulder. He was very helpful. Process took 15 minutes and file was in my email in a less than an hour.
27 March: Uploaded eft file to Capitol Armory.
DISCLAIMER: Self printing and mailing will add a few days to the process over the above timeline. I was prepared to two day USPS Priority the print cards back to be safe and have tracking, but did EFT instead. I would estimate an additional 4-5 days to this timeline if I had done that. Capitol Armory states give them 3 - 4 days to process prints.
29 March: Form 4 received, reviewed and DocuSign.
31 March: Email received with instruction to call and certify (yes, on Easter Sunday).
01 April: Called and certified. Was third in line, waited maybe 5 minutes and then 7ish minutes to certify. The rep from Capitol Armory was very helpful and quick.
03 April: Approved email from ATF, followed by one from Capitol Armory shortly after. Email arrived from ATF arrived 6:50 AM. Less than two day approval.
03 April: Email received and completed/DocuSign 4473 and complete CLEO notification information.

Pleased so far. Waiting for Capitol Armory to validate 4473, then mail CLEO notification, wait for the required seven days or so, then ship. I'm hopeful for a one month pay to suppressor delivery, but it will likely go over a few days. I'll update with final CLEO, shipping, and receipt date when it all comes in.

finner

Lil-Rokslider
AB Raptor 6 .556
Form 4 individual filed 4/2, approved this morning at 6:55am.
Filed an individual for a Dead Air mask five minutes before that one, hasn't been approved yet. Not sure why they're not bundling anymore

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sooo... anyone else bought one immediately after the eforms went down and haven't been approved yet?
Well I had "owned" it for awhile but wasn't certified until after the system went down and it's frustrating as hell to see everyone else effortlessly get approved.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

19hunt92

Lil-Rokslider
Well, I spoke truth to power. Certified 4/2 in the afternoon and got approved yesterday morning! Basically 1 day, amazing! Great job ATF.
I hope this is slightly sarcasm 😅. Telling the ATF good job is like telling a thief "thanks for only stealing $200"

But the lack of wait times are sweet...in hopes for this not being a thing in the future here

IDVortex

WKR
Well I had "owned" it for awhile but wasn't certified until after the system went down and it's frustrating as hell to see everyone else effortlessly get approved.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
I swear, almost anyone that got certified immediately after the system went down no one has been approved, by reading on line. But a few days after that, if someone was certified they were approved pretty quickly. Tempted of getting a 5..
56 can and see if it I get that approved quicker.

9.3koolaid

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone have a good deal on a rugged Alaskan 360ti?