Suppressor wait times

Axlrod

WKR
It's BS. Shouldn't have to wait at all. Nothing normal about waiting 8 months to exercise a constitutional right.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk
I agree on the wait, but I can't find where the constitution says you have a right to own a piece of pipe. :LOL:

Axlrod

WKR
So we don't have the right to own firearms? Because after all, it's only a pipe by your logic correct?
The "firearm" is the serial #'d receiver. A suppressor is not a firearm- it's a piece of pipe. So technically you are not granted the right to own a piece of pipe, by the constitution.

IDVortex

WKR
The "firearm" is the serial #'d receiver. A suppressor is not a firearm- it's a piece of pipe. So technically you are not granted the right to own a piece of pipe, by the constitution.
But the constitution also doesn't say to own a firearm, it has to be numbered and serialized... so are the evil 'ghost guns' not protected by thr constitution?

The Constitution states limitations on Government, not individuals' rights

Not that it ever actually limited anything government but that's the "implied" intent.

How long from receiving your fingerprints to certifying?

3 days. The fingerprint process was slower than expected. It took longer to fulfill the fingerprint kit, ship the kit, and process the kit once it had arrived back to them than I originally expected. That whole process was around 3 weeks.

Everything beyond the fingerprint process was quite fast though. Now that my fingerprints are on file, i'm guessing it's a matter of hours between ordering and certifying on any future orders.

If someone thinks they are going to order from CA, probably best to order the fingerprint kit and get that process started ASAP as it's the primary bottleneck.

gabenzeke

WKR
This is why we can't have nice things.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

TX_Diver

WKR
3 days. The fingerprint process was slower than expected. It took longer to fulfill the fingerprint kit, ship the kit, and process the kit once it had arrived back to them than I originally expected. That whole process was around 3 weeks.

Everything beyond the fingerprint process was quite fast though. Now that my fingerprints are on file, i'm guessing it's a matter of hours between ordering and certifying on any future orders.

If someone thinks they are going to order from CA, probably best to order the fingerprint kit and get that process started ASAP as it's the primary bottleneck.

I ordered the card from amazon and was planning to send it in just for that purpose. Then a harvester evo came back in stock. They just received my prints Wednesday so we'll see how it goes.

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
The Constitution gives the "right to keep and bear Arms," it says nothing about firearms. What constitutes arms? A serialized receiver certainly does not, as it is worthless by itself. Would the second amendment be satisfied if serialized receivers were legal, but stocks, barrels, and triggers were not?

But the constitution also doesn't say to own a firearm, it has to be numbered and serialized... so are the evil 'ghost guns' not protected by thr constitution?
I think arms covers land mines and atomic weapons, my right to own both are protected by the Second Amendment and currently infringed on. It certainly includes artillery, tanks, biologic and chemical weapons. After all, those are all tools used to protect the security of a free state as evidenced by the US military haveing or having once had those things. Technically, restrictions on knives and swords are restrictions on arms as well.

Equally, who exactly are "the people?" Only US citizens above a certain age and who have not committed certain crimes? Or, perhaps just all US citizens? Or, perhaps all people? Is the right of a non-violent criminal who is in jail covered by "the people?" What about the right of an Iranian Revolutionary Guardsman to come to the US bear nuclear weapons?

We may disagree on interpretation, but interpreted it must be.

I agree on the wait, but I can't find where the constitution says you have a right to own a piece of pipe. :LOL:

You are apparently confused on what the Constitution and specifically the Bill of Rights does and doesn’t do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Based on the governments decision to infringe on our rights in the 1968 GCA.

Up until that point firearm’s either weren’t serialized or was done voluntarily by the manufacturer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

sneaky

"DADDY"
I agree on the wait, but I can't find where the constitution says you have a right to own a piece of pipe.
ATF considers them as "arms" under the NFA, and the constitution is pretty damn clear on our rights to "arms".

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk