Suppressor wait times

prcwv

Lil-Rokslider
This last one certified 10 minutes later. 1st one was like an week when electronic first started an 2nd was a day or two. Got my first ones through silencershop.com great system. They didn't have the Otter Creek in stock so I went to a local store that has the finger print scanner. Thinking oh they do layaway that'll be nice...didn't work out that way lol

mtbraun

FNG
That would be a question for a lawyer. Trusts are legal entities within the law, like corporations, just like a corporation can add an employee, so a trust can add a trustee, the mechanics of that depend on state law and the terms of the trust.
Totally understand. It just seems to contradict the process of approving the initial trustee through background check, etc. I realize the trustee is certifying that co-trustees are not prohibited persons, but I'm guessing that's a legal loophole in the ATF regs.

In addition, I found this article on SC's website which also contradicts the current practice of adding co-trustees. I asked a contact there for their perspective.

CMP70306

Lil-Rokslider
Totally understand. It just seems to contradict the process of approving the initial trustee through background check, etc. I realize the trustee is certifying that co-trustees are not prohibited persons, but I'm guessing that's a legal loophole in the ATF regs.

In addition, I found this article on SC's website which also contradicts the current practice of adding co-trustees. I asked a contact there for their perspective.

The thing is though as the settlor of the trust adding a prohibited person to your trust would be the same as giving a prohibited person access to an NFA item which carries a hefty fine and 10 years in prison.

And you have no plausible deniability of “oh I didn’t let them they must have just taken it” because they have your signature and that of the notary signing off on the process that you were both there and agreed to adding them to the trust. So anyone actually adding a prohibited person to their trust is simply signing their own confession to a prison sentence.

Getting e-mails from ATF stating:

ATF eForms​

eForms Status​

US Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives
ADKq_NY7YRyQ7WZZwxMtBiF-Oupeu-BKL_xDtIwJZyDtKgmJS60NFxbpOse3aN-Mz64kz0F-IQW5IBdBy-71Jlf9lYZlyNoqnH-IGB4pqJ3u6apylL0km2qKrK8t3bCF_bzVqSUd6HSt6AKGmHh5aqdc4WHI2Zv6pBQ=s0-d-e1-ft

eForms Operational Status​

The eForms system is back online as of 4:00 pm on Friday, March 1, 2024.
PLEASE NOTE: You must submit your required eForms 2, that you did not submit due to this outage, by the close of your next business day as required by 27 CFR 479.103.

So, I thought everything was done last October. Got this a couple days ago. Again today. Am I missing something? Can they make this whole cluster**** even more difficult?​

Gynaroo

FNG

ATF eForms​

eForms Status​

ADKq_NY7YRyQ7WZZwxMtBiF-Oupeu-BKL_xDtIwJZyDtKgmJS60NFxbpOse3aN-Mz64kz0F-IQW5IBdBy-71Jlf9lYZlyNoqnH-IGB4pqJ3u6apylL0km2qKrK8t3bCF_bzVqSUd6HSt6AKGmHh5aqdc4WHI2Zv6pBQ=s0-d-e1-ft

PLEASE NOTE: You must submit your required eForms 2, that you did not submit due to this outage, by the close of your next business day as required by 27 CFR 479.103.

So, I thought everything was done last October. Got this a couple days ago. Again today. Am I missing something? Can they make this whole cluster**** even more difficult?​
I got the same email. I believe it was a mass
Email to anyone that has anything submitted to the ATF. My dealer said this doesn’t affect us unless we submitted during the outage.

Email to anyone that has anything submitted to the ATF. My dealer said this doesn’t affect us unless we submitted during the outage.

I got those emails and got super excited thinking it was saying good to go!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PLEASE NOTE: You must submit your required eForms 2, that you did not submit due to this outage

Mighty white of them to be so clear.

AZsniper

WKR

ATF eForms​

eForms Status​

It’s such a weird process. Totally random the wait. I put in for a Nomad Ti 3 weeks ago and it is already approved. I just picked it up. Dealer said it was the fastest approval he had ever seen.

maxx075

FNG
The thing you need to know about the ATF and the approval process is that there is no rhyme or reason to what they do or how they do it.

Pwb199

Lil-Rokslider
I jumped on the Harvester EVO deal that was posted in gear deals.

Certified 2/20/24 and received an email that I’ve been approved today