Suppressor wait times

Bluefish

WKR
I sent my paperwork off last week.
First time to apply for a form 4.
Went thru a local dealer and the Silencer Shop.
Single shot trust.
They told em it's usually 6-8 months.
Sometimes it quicker,but don't expect it.
watching Reddit and here approval times are all over the place. Some are short, 2-3 months, some long 12+ months. No apparent reason for either case. I got some feedback on a form 4 2 weeks ago and it was one that was submitted on October, yet nothing on 2 July submissions. I have a form 1 going on 70 days and the first time I submitted it, I was rejected at 45 days. my best guess is timing is related to whose desk it lands on.

Bluefish

WKR
Brutal!

What happens in that case? Do you move to the back of the line or have an opportunity to correct whatever is at fault?
changed interpretations. Used to have a settler trustee not have to submit prints. Now every person has to submit prints. So rejected and I have to resubmit and start over. I have a couple more that I did the 2 rp and they asked why? so obviously they are not all on the same page. now 90 days on a form 1. Was rejected at 45 days the first time.

DisplacedHusky

Lil-Rokslider

H.R.6352 - Tax Stamp Revenue Transfer for Wildlife and Recreation Act​

Under the proposed act, 15% of the total revenue generated from tax stamps would be directed towards expediting the processing of suppressor applications by the ATF’s National Firearms Act (NFA) division to a maximum of 90 days. This allocation aims to address the lengthy waiting periods faced by applicants, which can currently extend up to a year despite recent efforts to streamline the process.

The remaining 85% of the tax revenue would be allocated to the Pittman Robertson Wildlife Restoration Trust Fund, supporting a wide range of initiatives.

Bouldar

Lil-Rokslider
Submitted 12-23-23
In process 2-3-23
Still waiting.

I have 2 done simultaneously. I wish there was a way to check up on these things.
Approved today 1-24-24

I emailed the atf with no response over a month ago. Emailed the fbi a few weeks ago. They responded on the 22nd, approval 2 days later

MJW

FNG
2 submitted/ in process August 9/23
1 submitted / in process November 30/23

Crickets

Just got the August ones approved, 4 Feb 24

Last edited:
Submitted 2/23/23
Approved 1/30/24
Silencer Shop Trust

Called ATF today to ask what the delay was and got the usual run around. One hour later I have my approval. I do believe these long wait times are intentional.

GreyBeck

Lil-Rokslider
So next question - how long after approval did you hear from your dealer and were able to pick it up. I’m still waiting on another approval but I got the email on 1/26 but LGS said they don’t have their paperwork ready yet.

So next question - how long after approval did you hear from your dealer and were able to pick it up. I’m still waiting on another approval but I got the email on 1/26 but LGS said they don’t have their paperwork ready yet.

I go and pick it up the same day. Your dealer should have gotten their email the same day you did. As far as I know "their paperwork" is have you fill out a 4473 and pick it up. Not sure what else they would have to do.