Suppressor wait times

Hacxor

FNG
We should all contact our congressmen to get an expedited way to get them. Would you be willing to pay extra to get yours faster?

We should all contact our congressmen to get an expedited way to get them. Would you be willing to pay extra to get yours faster?

absolutely not - I will not pay any more money for a constitutionally protected right. The only appropriate contact to your congressmen about this situation is to abolish the NFA and the ATF.

absolutely not - I will not pay any more money for a constitutionally protected right. The only appropriate contact to your congressmen about this situation is to abolish the NFA and the ATF.

Exactly. My current mantra for suppressors is that we should have the same laws for them as they have in Europe. You should see the liberal’s eyes light up when I saw that. Then they find out what that means and they get all uptight.

My latest E form was 5 months. I called the ATF office every 2 weeks for an update after the initial 90 days. I used Silencer Shop for my submittals....
What number did you use to contact them? If I can shave a month off the typical wait time I might have mine in time for bear season.

Certified 12/27/22

wesfromky

WKR
What number did you use to contact them? If I can shave a month off the typical wait time I might have mine in time for bear season.

Certified 12/27/22
Approvels are running around 260 days right now, plus or minus a week or two. From what I have gathered, calling really doesn't help 99.9 percent of the time, but it might work for you.

Last edited:

ChrisAU

WKR
Approvels are running around 160 days right now, plus or minus a week or two. From what I have gathered, calling really doesn't help 99.9 percent of the time, but it might work for you.

160? I'm at 263 days and 247 days. Hopefully soon, but most I'm seeing approved right now are a week or two older than mine.

Gynaroo

FNG
My approval for one of two suppressors submitted to the ATF on 4/11 came at day 262. (12/30). I hope the second approval happens with in a day or two. Frankly confused why they wouldn’t be reviewed together. But it is the government we are dealing with.

Keep the faith. Not the 3 months or whatever they were hoping for but it’s still under a year.

SwiftShot

WKR
Mine took almost exactly 12 months. I even pulled number and spent 2 hours on hold with the ATF to check status. The nice lady told me they are slammed and expect them to get longer.

brianp

FNG
I bought 2 in early august. Looking like it will be next august till I get them with the way things are going.
I was hearing that they have a lot of ATF reps still trying to finish up the paper files, and they are almost cleared up with that. Once the paper files are cleared then they will have more reps on the e-file which will start decreasing wait time as opposed to the constant increase.

Dave C.

Lil-Rokslider
I was hearing that they have a lot of ATF reps still trying to finish up the paper files, and they are almost cleared up with that. Once the paper files are cleared then they will have more reps on the e-file which will start decreasing wait time as opposed to the constant increase.
Don't count on it. It's an intentional slow-walk. Maybe the Dems should have funded an additional 80K+ ATF agents instead of the IRS.

brianp

FNG
Don't count on it. It's an intentional slow-walk. Maybe the Dems should have funded an additional 80K+ ATF agents instead of the IRS.
No.

In fact I think ATF Numbers need to be cut in half, nay, 80%. And just automate the e-file system.

No red flags in their FED check? Algorithm checks drivers license picture to e-file picture? Fingerprints come back as able to be read? Auto approved. 1 hour - 24 hour turn around.

obligatory: NFA needs to be abolished. But I'd rather this than a 1 year back log.