Suppressor wait times

Just sharing what I've read:

The DOJ directed the ATF to reduce eForm 4 processing times to 90 days in January of 2022. On 10/1/2022 the ATF current processing times are averaging 180 days for eForms. In December of 2022 it's taking an average of 8 months to process an eForm 4 & to process Paper Form 4 have taken 13 months.

While the directions of the DOJ sound great and promising the results are disappointing!

Good luck everyone!

Sent from my SM-A515U using Tapatalk

Dave C.

Lil-Rokslider

The DOJ directed the ATF to reduce eForm 4 processing times to 90 days in January of 2022. On 10/1/2022 the ATF current processing times are averaging 180 days for eForms. In December of 2022 it's taking an average of 8 months to process an eForm 4 & to process Paper Form 4 have taken 13 months.

While the directions of the DOJ sound great and promising the results are disappointing!

Good luck everyone!

Yeah, and there's no border crisis either.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Gynaroo

FNG
I submitted to the ATF for two suppressors on 4/11/22. 1st approval 12/30/22. 2nd approval 1/1/23. Why they didn’t come together is beyond me. But the wait was 262 and 264.

Sled

WKR
I submitted to the ATF for two suppressors on 4/11/22. 1st approval 12/30/22. 2nd approval 1/1/23. Why they didn’t come together is beyond me. But the wait was 262 and 264.

I didn't know they sent approvals on Sunday or holidays. Good to know.

Mine are in since 4.13.22 and 6.27.22. I'll probably wait to pick up both at the same time.

It sure would be nice if we had a fast lane for people that already have clearances or have been vetted consistently. Kind of like the tsa airport lines.

CBB1

Lil-Rokslider
Man, I certified 4/19 thinking I would surly have mine by hunting season. Lol. Hopefully soon. Hell at this rate if I did one today I probably still wouldn’t have it by next hunting season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gynaroo

FNG
I didn't know they sent approvals on Sunday or holidays. Good to know.

Mine are in since 4.13.22 and 6.27.22. I'll probably wait to pick up both at the same time.

It sure would be nice if we had a fast lane for people that already have clearances or have been vetted consistently. Kind of like the tsa airport lines.
I was shocked as well. But I received my email from the ATF this morning saying it was approved. I always worried it was going to the junk folder. Then I get those stupid emails from the ATF about system maintenance.

It came from ATF as an application status change in the subject.

Colberjs

WKR
I certified on 4/14. I should be getting a call this week sounds like. The approval creep is getting up there. Based on some other guys, I should’ve gotten a call the end of last week but I didn’t figure that would happen. It keeps getting longer and longer.

spdrman

WKR
Most recent one I picked up was Certified March 11 and was approved 12-22-22, first eFile was certified first week of February and was approved first week of September.

Certified another one in July, I'm not even going to think about it until Summer

brianp

FNG

Good luck everyone!

Very interesting. Do you think since its been one year since the demand, and conditions have extremely worsened, ATF could be held liable for this?

Realistically, that is. Not in the pro-2a dream land we find ourselves in sometimes lol.

gabenzeke

WKR
Very interesting. Do you think since its been one year since the demand, and conditions have extremely worsened, ATF could be held liable for this?

Realistically, that is. Not in the pro-2a dream land we find ourselves in sometimes lol.
By Merrick Garland? Don't hold your breath.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

tstith

Lil-Rokslider
Certified 4/29/22. Your times are making me hopeful my can may clear soon. This is the longest 90 days I have ever experienced...

12wander

FNG
I don’t understand this wait time at all. You can walk in, buy a firearm, the dealer make a call for the background check and once cleared walk out with the said firearm in an hour or less if you have no flags in your background. Why can’t the same be done for a suppressor?

I don’t understand this wait time at all. You can walk in, buy a firearm, the dealer make a call for the background check and once cleared walk out with the said firearm in an hour or less if you have no flags in your background. Why can’t the same be done for a suppressor?
That is the billion dollar question.

highside74

Lil-Rokslider
Because they think silencers are scary and whisper quiet like the movies. So they drag their feet doing the paperwork so people will be turned off by the process and not even bother. In an I want it now society a lot of guys won't fork over $1000 to have to wait 8-9 months for something.

Sled

WKR
Because they think silencers are scary and whisper quiet like the movies. So they drag their feet doing the paperwork so people will be turned off by the process and not even bother. In an I want it now society a lot of guys won't fork over $1000 to have to wait 8-9 months for something.

You have to remember when this started out in 1934 the tax stamp was $200. That was a lot of money back then and a purposeful deterrent to owning one. The money hasn't changed but the deterrent still exists in the form of wait time.

Sled

WKR
Certified 4.13.22
Approved 1.07.23

The email came at 5:01MST

Now I'll just let it sit until the other one gets there or I get on the other side of town for some reason.