WKR
Butt sinks are not very packable.
Oh, you'd be surprised...

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

mt100gr.

WKR
Oh, you'd be surprised...

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
Ha! Those people have never had to carry water very far!! ....and probably never tried the Chili-Mac!

Pro Tip: Make sure your buddy's water bottle has the proper threads for the cap.

Dave C.

Lil-Rokslider
Lol says the sniper who only takes one shot except for when he wants to score a double-tap, but who also can’t spot his shots 😂
Once again, the voice of inexperience speaks. I now primarily shoot a 6.5 PRC 140g Berger. 3 deer killed this season. One dropped in its tracks. The other two were heart shots that didn't run 50 yds(yes, I said RUN even though a suppressor was used). Both were lethal kills obviously but despite SEEING both deer get hit, I could not see bullet impact location with that bullet and anyone who claims they can, is flat-out lying and inexperienced. One of them was also witnessed by a partner on binos and he couldn't see impact location either. But carry on flyfisherman.

This thread has turned downright hilarious with the suppressor prima donna's chiming in and trying to defend their choice. I've decided that most suppressor users on this thread are akin to flyfishermen.
Not really a good comparison when I use my can I am killing something..I am not messing with it for 30 mins just to release it...

intunegp

WKR
Hard to believe this is 13 pages......the benefits of shooting suppressed aren't even arguable.

I think it was just a very successful troll. OP stated some extremely obvious/known observations but touted them as mind-blowing revelations of his which got people agitated enough to dive into an apparently controversial topic. I was hoping it would turn into a meme thread.

OP
General RE LEE
I think it was just a very successful troll. OP stated some extremely obvious/known observations but touted them as mind-blowing revelations of his which got people agitated enough to dive into an apparently controversial topic. I was hoping it would turn into a meme thread.

My intention was to be honest and share my experience. I’m keeping the can and having a rifle cut down to see if that alleviates some of the issues.

There is going to be a percentage of hunters that don’t see enough of a benefit of a can to drop $1K.

intunegp

WKR
My intention was to be honest and share my experience. I’m keeping the can and having a rifle cut down to see if that alleviates some of the issues.

There is going to be a percentage of hunters that don’t see enough of a benefit of a can to drop $1K.

You shared that suppressors are expensive, that they add weight and length, and that 6.5CM is a light recoiling round whether suppressed or unsuppressed. Those are all pretty obvious facts to someone whether they've shot/owned a suppressor or not.

You then went on to say because of these obvious facts you don't see the tremendous value in cans. The value is protecting your hearing even though it comes with compromises and I think that is also obvious to most. Some people don't think protecting their hearing is worth $1k and some do. Everyone will see the same benefit, some just choose not to take advantage of it.

I don't think anyone is touting cans as completely revolutionary to the hunting experience...they just make shooting more pleasant. That also comes with the benefit of not spooking animals as easily. It also comes with the compromises we've all pointed out. And they cost money.

I'm not going to review 13 pages of this to find out for sure, but I don't recall anyone replying "wow, thanks so much for that new information, you've given me so much to consider". It's a two sided discussion that you posted one side of and other people replied with opposition.

Again, I think it would have been more productive if we just kept with the memes. Even with your cut down rifle the suppressor was still expensive, and it will still add weight and length, and a 6.5CM still won't recoil heavily with or without the can. Either way I hope you feel your investment was worth it by the end of your project.

atmat

WKR
Once again, the voice of inexperience speaks. I now primarily shoot a 6.5 PRC 140g Berger. 3 deer killed this season. One dropped in its tracks. The other two were heart shots that didn't run 50 yds(yes, I said RUN even though a suppressor was used). Both were lethal kills obviously but despite SEEING both deer get hit, I could not see bullet impact location with that bullet and anyone who claims they can, is flat-out lying and inexperienced. One of them was also witnessed by a partner on binos and he couldn't see impact location either. But carry on flyfisherman.
Show me on the doll where the fly rod hurt you.

But jokes aside, I’m not sure what your point is here other than you killed 3 whitetail and you think that gives you a ton of experience.

Do you struggle to spot impacts with all rifles or just your 6.5prc? If not, I’d recommend moving down to a cartridge you can manage.

Why are you opposed to putting in ear plugs before you shoot? You dont have to wear them in your ears all the time. I have the howard leight ones with the plastic band that goes around your neck. They are unnoticeable until i need them.
Im not opposed to it, i just never manage. I guess if a guys hunting style is to glass n shoot or spot n stalk, putting in earplugs is possible. I do a lot of very close range stuff. When you call a bear or something in and dont see it until <20yrds, youre not getting earplugs in. Not a thing. Even if theyre dangling on a cord around your neck, youll still forget. If you dont forget, the cord is tangled up in your call. I gave up on earplugs, and went suppressed everything, due to my hunting style. Spent a few years wearing earplugs arpund my neck, shooting without getting them in my ears. Screw it. All 16" suppressed guns now, and life is better and i wont be deaf like so many guys i know.

Im not opposed to it, i just never manage. I guess if a guys hunting style is to glass n shoot or spot n stalk, putting in earplugs is possible. I do a lot of very close range stuff. When you call a bear or something in and dont see it until <20yrds, youre not getting earplugs in. Not a thing. Even if theyre dangling on a cord around your neck, youll still forget. If you dont forget, the cord is tangled up in your call. I gave up on earplugs, and went suppressed everything, due to my hunting style. Spent a few years wearing earplugs arpund my neck, shooting without getting them in my ears. Screw it. All 16" suppressed guns now, and life is better and i wont be deaf like so many guys i know.
The ones I use dont have a cord. I hunt bears, wolves and coyotes, call them in…its been a non issue.

Dave C.

Lil-Rokslider
Show me on the doll where the fly rod hurt you.

But jokes aside, I’m not sure what your point is here other than you killed 3 whitetail and you think that gives you a ton of experience.

Do you struggle to spot impacts with all rifles or just your 6.5prc? If not, I’d recommend moving down to a cartridge you can manage.
Once again, the voice of inexperience, or in this case ignorance speaks. I'm not hurt at all, just amused by the fact that you think you're the expert and clearly aren't.

Two of the deer were muleys. Only one was a WT and that was the one that dropped in its tracks. I know one/yr is probably a stretch for you so I can understand why that would be hard to fathom.

Has nothing to do with the recoil of the caliber. It has to do with the impact and terminal ballistics of the round. Now, go tie some flies and partake in an activity that obviously suits you better.

wyosam

WKR
Once again, the voice of inexperience, or in this case ignorance speaks. I'm not hurt at all, just amused by the fact that you think you're the expert and clearly aren't.

Two of the deer were muleys. Only one was a WT and that was the one that dropped in its tracks. I know one/yr is probably a stretch for you so I can understand why that would be hard to fathom.

Has nothing to do with the recoil of the caliber. It has to do with the impact and terminal ballistics of the round. Now, go tie some flies and partake in an activity that obviously suits you better.

That’s my experience. My eyes sure aren’t what they used to be, but I see animal reaction, and maybe see blood/spray behind with exit (especially with snow). I suppose with no recoil, really good optics, and zoomed pretty tight I probably could, but I want field of view more than a bunch of zoom on game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

atmat

WKR

Lol okay buddy you’re right. Cheers.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"

Why do you get so defensive, rude and condescending when people try to engage you in discussion??? You do this in every single thread you post in. You insult people, call their characters into question, accuse them of not being able to read and act combative in general. It’s very unpleasant. This is a DISCUSSION forum, not Dave Cs insult forum.

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor

Somebody needs a snickers.

Sled

WKR
Why do you get so defensive, rude and condescending when people try to engage you in discussion??? You do this in every single thread you post in. You insult people, call their characters into question, accuse them of not being able to read and act combative in general. It’s very unpleasant. This is a DISCUSSION forum, not Dave Cs insult forum.

He'll graduate from "Lil-Rokslider" to "banned" soon enough.

You keep saying “inexperience”, however I will submit that if you or your spotter cannot spot the impacts of a 130-150 grain bullet traveling 2300-2900 fps at impact on a whitetail-sized target, this then it isn’t us who is inexperienced.

And before you ask, yes, I have spotted and heard every bullet impact on every big game animal I have killed in the last 10 years, since I have started hunting suppressed.
And, no, I don’t fly fish, I cast giant baits for Northerns and Muskys.