Suppressor for Savage 110 Ultralight 28 Nosler

Hey all,

I recently bought a Savage 110 Ultralight 28 Nosler with a 24 inch barrel. With a Mark 5 scope on it the total weight comes out to just over 7.5 pounds. After shooting a heavy 270 my entire life I have had to get used to the more intense recoil of this gun so I am trying to manage my recoil and unfortunately also damaged my ears recentlly so for the firs time I am starting looking into a suppressor.

I have done a ton of research and at this point I am really hoping to find someone out there that has the same gun and has some experience with how different suppressors have worked for them. For me personally the gun was a huge expense and the suppressor seems like buying a second gun almost so just want to make the best possible decision on which suppressor to go with. Feel free to give any advice even if you don't have the same gun and thanks in advance!

I have your same rifle but in 280AI. After lots of research, paired it with a Nomad 30 can. No plans to shoot a rifle w/out a can going forward unless no other options. The 280AI w/can kicks like a 22 and sounds subsonic. The Nomad 30 is on both the shorter and lighter side of cans and you can easily change it up between your other threaded barrel rifles. Keep us posted on what you end up with. BTW – the savage/Nomad setup is shooting well below 0.5 MOA.

DoctorJJ

FNG
I have the 110 ultralight in 6.5 Creedmoor. I’ve use one of my Silencerco Omegas and my one of my CGS Hyperions. The Hyperion is heavier and longer, especially when I have the omega dressed with titanium end caps. However, the sound suppression is significantly better with the CGS. I have, maybe 12 Silencerco suppressors and I love them all, but this new Hyperion from CGS is unbelievably good.