Suppressor-Ready Factory Rifle < $2K in 6.5 Creedmoor

EmperorMA

WKR
I’m looking for a suppressor ready factory rifle in 6.5 Creedmoor with a barrel 20 - 22” long and some type of “precision-style” stock that can be had for something around $2K. I’ll put a small suppressor on it and use it for an all-around hunting and truck rifle.

Think of it as a project that requires no work. Just install a scope, screw on a suppressor and feed it with 147 ELD-Ms and have fun. ;)

Something accurate and durable and that won’t require cutting the barrel or replacing the stock.

Suppressor suggestions are also welcome. I’m thinking TBAC Ultra 5. My needs for the suppressor are:

Accuracy!
Light weight
Between 5 - 7.5”
Durability
Recoil reduction
Noise reduction

Thanks!

Last edited:

Graves14

WKR
I have a Sig Cross in 6.5CM with an 18" barrel that has been great for exactly what you are talking about. Folding stock adds to its packability. Ive used it for hunting, NRL hunter matches and casual plinking. Its been great in all 3 applications.

Hnthrdr

WKR
Snagged a tikka 6.5cm stainless on gunbroker brand new for sub 600 bucks I’d look over there, with a chop and thread I’ll be into it for around 750

OP
E

EmperorMA

WKR
Snagged a tikka 6.5cm stainless on gunbroker brand new for sub 600 bucks I’d look over there, with a chop and thread I’ll be into it for around 750
Nice you can get a chop and thread for $150. About $400 or more here.

I’d still need to buy a new stock, as well.

Last edited:
OP
E

EmperorMA

WKR
Like 4 years ago. Have you been under a rock?

Since 2008 I’ve seen them fro from 329.00 to 399.00 to 550.00 then to like 750.00 in 2017 and up from there.
Not under a rock. I’ve just never been a huge Tikka fan as I’ve never liked their stocks. So, the “cheap” Tikka rifle always seemed to be priced quite a bit higher than other cheap rifles simply because a new stock was needed to make it half-way livable.

Now, the same cheap rifle at $1500 plus a new stock seems kinda ridiculous. I can take the $2K and start a fairly decent custom with that.

I get that Tikkas shoot. So do a lot of others. But if you have to drop another $1K or more into one to make it palatable, is it really a good deal?

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Not under a rock. I’ve just never been a huge Tikka fan as I’ve never liked their stocks. So, the “cheap” Tikka rifle always seemed to be priced quite a bit higher than other cheap rifles simply because a new stock was needed to make it half-way livable.

Now, the same cheap rifle at $1500 plus a new stock seems kinda ridiculous. I can take the $2K and start a fairly decent custom with that.

I get that Tikkas shoot. So do a lot of others. But if you have to drop another $1K or more into one to make it palatable, is it really a good deal?
I guess I’m lucky that the tikka stocks work for me. The only money I’ve spent on mine is to get the barrels cut and threaded. To each their own though.

Hnthrdr

WKR
Nice you can get a chop and thread for $150. About $400 or more here.

I’d still need to buy a new stock, as well.
Woah where are you at that a chop and thread costs 400? That’s pricey, I’m in Co but it seems inflation hasn’t touched the cut and thread it’s been 100-150 for years. For sure I a CA ridgeline fft I killed by buck with last fall, 20” barrel 5lbs and some change un scoped. Shoots lights out for me but that will run you over 2k europtic had a good sale on them a while back

Auggie

FNG
I’m looking for a suppressor ready factory rifle in 6.5 Creedmoor with a barrel 20 - 22” long and some type of “precision-style” stock that can be had for something around $2K. I’ll put a small suppressor on it and use it for an all-around hunting and truck rifle.

Think of it as a project that requires no work. Just install a scope, screw on a suppressor and feed it with 147 ELD-Ms and have fun. ;)

Something accurate and durable and that won’t require cutting the barrel or replacing the stock.

Suppressor suggestions are also welcome. I’m thinking TBAC Ultra 5. My needs for the suppressor are:

Accuracy!
Light weight
Between 5 - 7.5”
Durability
Recoil reduction
Noise reduction

Thanks!
I did exactly this with a Bergara b-14. It is awesome. I went 18” barrel for packability. With the suppressor they get “grabbie” in the brush. It’s a fantastic gun. I paid $800 for mine.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Just about everyone makes a 6.5CM with a 20-22" threaded barrel.
But if you are really into the silencer game, you are getting too long.

I have another tikka 6.5 creedmoor on the way, got it on a good deal used and by the time send it out to get cut to 18” and threaded, it will still be under 900 bucks. My Seekins is 21” and I think it’s a bit long to carry around with a silencer.

But if you are really into the silencer game, you are getting too long.

I have another tikka 6.5 creedmoor on the way, got it on a good deal used and by the time send it out to get cut to 18” and threaded, it will still be under 900 bucks. My Seekins is 21” and I think it’s a bit long to carry around with a silencer.
I think 22" is getting too long. I have been going 20" and I am fine with the length. I was 24" with a break. 20" with a 7" suppressor is a out an inch longer and I am ok with it.

Sam Colt

Lil-Rokslider
My Ruger American Hunter bangs steel regularly out to 880 yards and it cost a lot less than $2k.