Suppressor Advice for 7mm PRC

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I think it's hard to beat an AB raptor as a lightweight backcountry hunting can and they're my got to for my sheep rifles. An 8 stack raptor lived on my 6.5 PRC Element for a while and I recently switched it out for a 10 stack Raptor. I've done heavier cans on lightweight rifles and really dislike how the balance is thrown off. That's not an issue with a raptor at all. The sound quality also beats out all the suppressors I have experience with.
I'm going to order an AB. I wish I'd known about them a few months back.

BjornF16

WKR
I'm going to order an AB. I wish I'd known about them a few months back.
I just fondled my Raptor 6 as she entered jail sentence at my LGS...I ordered the 5" reflex for it.

I'm thinking one more can and I'm done...not sure if Nomad LTi, DDC Enticer LTi, or perhaps a Raptor 10 in .375

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I just fondled my Raptor 6 as she entered jail sentence at my LGS...I ordered the 5" reflex for it.

I'm thinking one more can and I'm done...not sure if Nomad LTi, DDC Enticer LTi, or perhaps a Raptor 10 in .375
Im also thinking one more than I'll be done. So far its 2 22lr cans and 2 30 caliber 1.5x7" cans. My next one is going to be something more interesting/different. Really thinking that an AB is the way to go for the last one.

OP
K

kcruz

FNG
Thanks everyone for the advice! Definitely makes sense for me to go ahead and just order the cans now instead or worrying about the whole set up to start. I decided to go with 2 since it seems like everyone and everything I read has mostly good things to say for both. I will be getting the AB raptor 8 stack and a Nomad LTI. My local gun shop said he’s having a hard time getting Nomads in. Hopefully that changes soon and I can hurry and get both started near the same time.

I’m also thinking about getting a Nomad Mask for my .22 if I can get my hands on one. Has anyone had any experience with it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

coletonf

FNG
OP - assuming you already picked up the Element, any first impressions? Thinking about the same rifle in the 7 PRC, not many hands on reviews yet so super curious on how it is!

I think it's hard to beat an AB raptor as a lightweight backcountry hunting can and they're my got to for my sheep rifles. An 8 stack raptor lived on my 6.5 PRC Element for a while and I recently switched it out for a 10 stack Raptor. I've done heavier cans on lightweight rifles and really dislike how the balance is thrown off. That's not an issue with a raptor at all. The sound quality also beats out all the suppressors I have experience with.
Curious why you felt the need to go to a 10 from 8? Is there that much of a difference that makes it worth adding another inch to the gun? I'm looking to build a 7 PRC (20"-22" barrel) for my wife to use starting fall 2024 and likely a 6.5 (16" - 18" barrel) for the first of my boys to start using fall 2025. Having 28 inches of barrel just seems crazy to me and seems like a lot to ask of my wife to carry around. Just trying to make things as enjoyable as possible for her and the boys so trying to find the sweet spot for length/rifle weight/suppression. Would like to get one can to switch between the rifles. I was leaning towards an AB 6 or 8, but I'm open ears. I consider myself VERY novice in the firearms world and I have the equivalent of a kindergarten education when it comes to the world of suppressors.

OP
K

kcruz

FNG
OP - assuming you already picked up the Element, any first impressions? Thinking about the same rifle in the 7 PRC, not many hands on reviews yet so super curious on how it is!

Haven't actually gotten my hands on it yet. Ended up having to buy one online and have it shipped and it should arrive by Thursday this week. Hoping to pick it up over the weekend and see if I can get it sighted in to go shoot a couple of hogs. I will keep you posted

coletonf

FNG
Haven't actually gotten my hands on it yet. Ended up having to buy one online and have it shipped and it should arrive by Thursday this week. Hoping to pick it up over the weekend and see if I can get it sighted in to go shoot a couple of hogs. I will keep you posted

Sounds like you’re in for a fun weekend! Happy shooting. Hope to hear more after your hog hunt if you’re willing to share initial reactions. I’m between this or going a build route (though the latter I’m new to for precision builds, this forum has been a wealth of information on both routes)

jhm2023

WKR
Curious why you felt the need to go to a 10 from 8? Is there that much of a difference that makes it worth adding another inch to the gun? I'm looking to build a 7 PRC (20"-22" barrel) for my wife to use starting fall 2024 and likely a 6.5 (16" - 18" barrel) for the first of my boys to start using fall 2025. Having 28 inches of barrel just seems crazy to me and seems like a lot to ask of my wife to carry around. Just trying to make things as enjoyable as possible for her and the boys so trying to find the sweet spot for length/rifle weight/suppression. Would like to get one can to switch between the rifles. I was leaning towards an AB 6 or 8, but I'm open ears. I consider myself VERY novice in the firearms world and I have the equivalent of a kindergarten education when it comes to the world of suppressors.
I enjoyed the raptor 8 so much that I wanted another one. My main reasoning with going for the 10 stack over another 8 was I wanted maximum suppression on a 300 blackout in the off season. I felt the 10 with a 5" reflex would best accomplish this while still be light enough for regular hunting use without the reflex. The added length and weight is why the 8 went onto my wife's rifle. if I was only going to have one, it would be the 8. Keep in mind, roughly 1" of your barrel goes into the can when direct threaded.

wesfromky

WKR
Glad you said that cause I already went for it! lol! I officially have an AB Raptor 8, Nomad LTI, and a Mask waiting for approval. As well as my Hybrid 46 still pending and one very angry wife if she actually finds out how much these things cost.
I love my mask. With subsonic ammo out of my t1x, the impacts on the berm are louder then the actual shot.

Kolt45

FNG
I just ordered a TBAC Ultra7 Gen 2 after doing similar reviews. I also would’ve happily taken a Criterion or Nomad-Ti.

I really like the Seekins Element. But at 22”, I think you’re gonna find you have an annoyingly long rifle, based on what folks here told me. For that reason, my Tikka will be sporting a 16” instead.
I'm trying to decide between the tbac ultra 7 and the nomad ti. What made the decision for you?

atmat

WKR
I'm trying to decide between the tbac ultra 7 and the nomad ti. What made the decision for you?
I would’ve been fine with either one. What sealed the deal was my local Scheels had the TBAC in stock, price matched online, and I had a ton of gift cards to burn.

Kolt45

FNG
I would’ve been fine with either one. What sealed the deal was my local Scheels had the TBAC in stock, price matched online, and I had a ton of gift cards to burn.
Tempted to try the nomad but haven't heard much on the accuracy performance. The tbac has a good rep