Suppressed vs Non-Suppressed Hunting

Iukamedic

FNG
New here and new to suppressors also. Now that I have one to use the next thing was to shorten my barrels a little on a couple of host to off set the added length from the suppressor. My hearing is degraded and tinnitus is there also so I do everything I can to keep what I still have.

pugwylde

FNG
I never bought into the hunting suppressor marketing. I've shot a couple and felt like it was 75% gimmick, except on a 22, thats fun.

Here's what i do. I wear those ear pro on my neck with the hard plastic connecting them. Then I'm never without ear pro.

Plusses: weight, barrel length, still better sound protection than just with just a can.

Negatives: Dont get to take pictures that make me look Instagram cool. Am I missing something else?
Had ear pro around my neck the first time I shot with a brake. Now my kids sound like robots when it gets too loud in the car.

I shoot suppressed now... I still wear ear pro, too, but I avoid further descent into robot voice territory if I accidentally leave them hanging around my neck.