Superfret orange vs green

ofl0926

WKR
What's are the main differences between these? What makes you pick one over the other?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Look at the flex mid or low, I want to take up more volume in my scarpas and have some maxes on the way. The hunt line is very similar.

I run the green in most of my atheletc shoes, and my trail runners that I hike in all summer. Those types of shoe soles have a lot of cushion already so they aren't that hard or stiff. I like the pink (womens version of orange) in stiffer soled boots, especially those with a 3/4 or full shank.

I've used both green and orange in my salomons. I prefer the orange as they have some padding. Neither will leave you much room in salomon so be aware of that. If they're tight already, the insIles might be too much.

I use the hunt merino wool inserts in my Saloman Quest 4d.
I love these boots but they were giving mr hot spots on my outer balls of my feet.
The hunt inserts took care of that. Although they hunt inserts have a high arch, but it helps with a pack.
The merino wool is warm. A little too warm for summer.
~Wojo

Arrowslinger is right, the orange Superfeet have more padding in the forefoot and a bit more pronounced arch support. I let my boots dictate which Superfeet insole to use. My Kennetrek Mountain Extremes have good arch support and have a tighter foot box so, I use the Greens. My older Asolo Sassalongs boots have a flatter footbed so I use the Orange Superfeet. I recently got a pair of old school Alico Summit hiking boots (great boots by the way) and they needed some additional support as well, so, I used the orange in my Alico's. Also, I usually begin breaking in my new insoles bare-footed. I take a few short hikes and wear them around the house for a couple of days without socks and they are good to go.

Which ones do you guys prefer for Lowa Tibets? Just curious before I bring my boots into the store and try a few pairs out.
I have the Orange Superfeet in my Tibets. I feel like they're ok but not great. Definitely better than the stock ones though. I like some cushion in the forefoot, so that's why I got the orange over the green. I'm still looking for a better option.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

I had a hard time with green and orange Superfeet raising my heel too high in the Lowa Tibets. Felt like I couldn't get a good heel lock because of the higher heel position with the inserts. Would love an insole for the arch support but heel lock seems more important to me.

molon labe

I had a hard time with green and orange Superfeet raising my heel too high in the Lowa Tibets. Felt like I couldn't get a good heel lock because of the higher heel position with the inserts. Would love an insole for the arch support but heel lock seems more important to me.

molon labe

Look at carbon or Flex low, total height is lower than green or orange.

I bought some lowa caminos this fall, used some inserts I had here already, and they worked great. Seems silly to have to plunk down another 40-100 bucks for inserts for a new 300+ pair of boots.

I have flat feet (never a problem). Gander Mountain has a display with all Superfeet insoles. Wearing my boots I went in the store and tried the ever popular orange and green. They both felt like there was a rock in the boot under the arch and the orange was not right for my foot in the heel. Tried the Coppers, slam dunk for my feet.

Neither. The hard plastic edges wear out the boots gore-tex liners.
I have wondered about that. I have tried green and orange, don't like orange, prefer green. In some boots went back to stock insoles. Cabelas Meindl (although swapped for the Ifit rather than stock in the air revolution boot) and Irish setter work boots. Using the original Meindl insoles in my crispi kanadas since neither of the superfeet ones worked in either of those boots, too much heel mainly. Orange are more cushy but make my feet tired. I have a pair of Irish setter elk trackers that the superfeet green are great in but the orange suck. Go figure. All depends on your feet and boot fit.

Back