Superfeet Carbons?

muleman

WKR
Does anyone have longterm use of the Superfeet Carbons? I'm looking for a low volume footbed, but worried about the ridges cutting the boot liner. Especially since they warn that it is possible in their literature.

The Superfeet Merino, Orange, and Green have the regular flat bottom. While the Carbons have distinct raised ridges on the bottom.

edy9ugam.jpg

egybe6ez.jpg

ryvera3e.jpg

2rocky

WKR
As a footbed they are a good product. I have them in my road shoes and I like the arch support a little further towards the toes. But those are not Gore tex like my hunting boots.

OP
muleman

muleman

WKR
Thanks 2rocky. I don't think I'll use them in the GTX boots I bought them for. I wanted the grey merinos or greens but the store was out of my size.

duchntr

WKR
Ive heard of people using a thin "spacer" of sorts on the heel area of the boot,made out of a super thin piece of rubber our something similar to mitigate wear issues.

gulicemo

Banned
I have a pair in my Lowa Cevedale's. I needed the low volume footbed for this boot to work with my feet. I didn't even think about the ridges when I put them in. Probably have 50 miles on them. I will pull them out tonight and see what they look like. Damage may be done or it will be fine...

OP
muleman

muleman

WKR
Ive heard of people using a thin "spacer" of sorts on the heel area of the boot,made out of a super thin piece of rubber our something similar to mitigate wear issues.

Good idea, my brother is a C.Ped and through him I have access to almost anything. What I should have done is had him make me a custom footbeds this summer.

I have a pair in my Lowa Cevedale's. I needed the low volume footbed for this boot to work with my feet. I didn't even think about the ridges when I put them in. Probably have 50 miles on them. I will pull them out tonight and see what they look like. Damage may be done or it will be fine...

Post up a picture, interested to see if there is any wear.

gulicemo

Banned
There is some damage. My question: the white part appears to be felt and not part of the gortex liner. I will stand in a bucket of water tomorrow to see if they leak there.

Could be an expensive lesson.

OP
muleman

muleman

WKR
Thanks, if that is 50 miles I'll definitely go with another footbed.