Subaru Starlink

Question for you Subaru owners. Looking into a '21 Outback as I will be gaining a teenage driver very soon and can't ignore the mileage difference over my Ram plus I have a work truck to utilize in a pinch.
I keep seeing that some features, such as navigation and remote start are offered as "subscription options" through Starlink. From the research I've done, appears to be about $100/year.
Appreciate any feedback. Gracias!

Big_Sky

Lil-Rokslider
Bought my son a newer WRX. The Subaru "Starlink" is just what Subaru calls their connected vehicle system. I think it is similar to FordPass or GMC Connect. Doesn't have anything to do the Starlink (Elon Musk).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
longspeak74
Did your WRX come with those features or did you need to subscribe to Starlink? Understand it's not Musk-related.

303TrophyHusband

Lil-Rokslider
IIRC we got a free year or two when we purchased ours, although it was brand new out of the factory, we pay for it now. It's CarPlay capable so we don't use their nav system but the remote features get used quite a bit. I can have it parked out in the nether regions of DIA, remote start it from baggage claim and have it nice an cozy by the time I trek out there. The monthly health reports are sorta handy sometimes. It probably also comes with onboard WiFi

wesfromky

WKR
Just as an FYI many of these types of services sell your data to data brokers like Lexusnexus, who then sells it to your insurance company, they use that data to raise your rates.

OP
longspeak74
Certainly not what I wanted to hear...luckily my rates go down slightly going from Ram to Outback.

We have it for my wife’s Ascent. Like above we bought new and we paid for 3 years worth for like $150 total. Remote start was what we use the most. Use Apple car play for nav.

I also like being able to lock and unlock doors with my phone. That has come in handy a few times