Sub $800 Binos?

Maverick1

WKR
This.
All day long.
It's EXACTLY what I did.
I say nope to the Zeiss Conquest: they work great for some people.....not so well for others that can't get past the black spots/kidney beans. I even tried their extended eyecups, which Zeiss sent to me for free - and still could not get them to give me a consistent viewing experience. Great glass, I liked the color and resolution, just could not get an image without a black ring around the outside. I had to return, unfortunately.

Redwing

Lil-Rokslider
I throw in

I would add the Nikon MHG to the list, if he can live with the diopter adjustment. I have seen them on sale for $800.

I've owned the Tract, Conquest, and MHG. The MHG was my favorite.
I spent some time with those when I was shopping binos. Ending up spending a little more, but they were incredibly impressive for the price. Well worth trying.

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

willsyb

FNG
I'm in the same boat for potential upgrades. Read great things about the Mavens and strongly considering those. Great deal on those Conquests though!

LCsmith

Lil-Rokslider
I bought a used pair of Meopta Meostar 10x42 for under your budget and really like them. Only upgrade I would make from here is Swarovski

Sarcazmo

FNG
Hawke Frontier APO.

I have the 8x42 I found on craigslist for $250. Liked em so much I ordered the 10x42. Actually really really impressed with their performance.

IME far and away better than similarly priced vortex. I have some maven 12x56 and I think they might even be a bit sharper with better edge to edge than those.

Happy Antelope

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
We have some GPO Passion 10x42 for under $800, some Trinovids should definitely be in the conversation as well. A used pair of Conquest, or some Terras (We have a dozen or so pair of open box we can discuss) Feel free to call anytime 702-423-4901. Paul

gearhead7

FNG
Used Trinovids are a great option. Saw some that sold for I believe $700 on Rokslide recently.

Reed104R

Lil-Rokslider
Zeiss Conquest HD 10x42's can be purchased in new or like new condition for $800 or less just about all the time, with minimal effort. You will likely spend 50% more to get a better pair of binoculars, and need to make a direct A/B comparison to tell a difference.

Lots of great glass at that price range. We all want a pair of the big three, but the reality is for the vast majority of people (me included) cost is the deal breaker.

I picked up a used set of Euro/Meostar’s this summer and couldn’t be happier. For me, they are head and shoulders above other bino’s in that 500-800 (used) price range. My Euros, outdoorsman’s stud and adaptor, tripod and head was about $750 total. Maybe at some point i’ll upgrade but right now I’m plenty happy.

Agross

WKR
Meostars
Maven b2
Zeiss conquest.

I have the Meostars and b2’s and they are both great. I haven’t tried the conquests yet but they seem to be pretty popular. I’ve bought almost all my optics used and saved a ton of money.

UsAndThm

FNG
Sierra.com has some vortex scopes up on their site. I think diamondback, Vipers and Razors at the moment.

Bc45

Lil-Rokslider
Zeiss conquest from euro optic. Can’t beat it for the price get a demo pair