2023 Successful Moose Hunt

OP
Tclhunts

Tclhunts

FNG
Awesome hunt and great write up! A couple stud bulls for the cherry on top. Amazing how they can soak up rounds like it's nothing.
After I fired the third round and the bull was just standing there, as I pulled out another round, I looked at Travis and said, “Am I even hitting him?” He smiled and said, “You are drilling him!” 4th round in and fired and he collapsed. 😅 I had practiced smooth bolt racking and getting back into my scope, but when the animal isn’t moving you start to second guess yourself. Relief and extreme excitement when he fell. You know how it is, stuff dreams are made of!

keller

WKR
Same. I thought I missed. he ran a bit stopped. I shot again dropped.
After I fired the third round and the bull was just standing there, as I pulled out another round, I looked at Travis and said, “Am I even hitting him?” He smiled and said, “You are drilling him!” 4th round in and fired and he collapsed. 😅 I had practiced smooth bolt racking and getting back into my scope, but when the animal isn’t moving you start to second guess yourself. Relief and extreme excitement when he fell. You know how it is, stuff dreams are made of!

OP
Tclhunts

Tclhunts

FNG
Same. I thought I missed. he ran a bit stopped. I shot again dropped.
I was surprised that none of the rounds went straight thru. I was shooting 212 gn eld-x out of my 300 win mag, no exit holes out the back. Found one exit bottom of the belly/inside leg. 🤷‍♂️ just thought I would see 4 entrance and 4 exit all the other side.

I was surprised that none of the rounds went straight thru. I was shooting 212 gn eld-x out of my 300 win mag, no exit holes out the back. Found one exit bottom of the belly/inside leg. 🤷‍♂️ just thought I would see 4 entrance and 4 exit all the other side.
On the 4 bulls I've been apart of, 3 were shot with a 300RUM with 200gr Accubonds & 1 was shot with a .308 with 168TTSX. All 4 bulls took 3 rounds... not a single exit on any of them and almost every bullet was found just under the offside hide.

Jake_h223

FNG
Congratulations on the hunt! Sounds awesome! Nothing like carrying moose on your back!
.300 WM usually doesn’t go thru moose from the several I’ve been on.