Sub-$400 scope for deer

jcaud

FNG
Back when I was in college, I bought a Burris Fullfield on a big sale. I’ve since upgraded on several rifles but I gotta say I really do think that Burris is one of my favorites. It’s been solid on several different guns.

GavinM

FNG
Iv picked up a couple leupold vx-3’s on gunbroker for around that $400 range before, never had any issues with them. I also have been hearing a lot about arken optics being good scopes, but no personal experience with them. Maybe something to check out.

pharmfisher

Lil-Rokslider
That’s a matter of opinion, international/ African hunters seem to trust leopold
On dangerous game
I would not buy any thing with a turret to dial in moa for LDH except a couple that
Are in the $2000-3000 price bracket ( only a few will track right when dialing a lot)
A Burris signature has been on my .300wm and it hasn’t changed in 20+ years of bouncing around in my truck
Have you seen the drop tests done on this forum? Vortex and Leupold consistently performed awful, on top of all of the personal accounts of failures. What more does it take?

Ive got a Patriot 6.5 that was given to me by my FIL. It will be my son's first rifle to learn on and do some eastern deer hunting. FIL put a super crappy scope on it so I want to put something better but im not going to spend a bunch on it, as the title says under $400. ill probably stick with the typical 3-9x40, maybe 3 or 4-12. I have a VX-Freedom I like so I could get another one. Vortex Diamondback is an option, I feel like the Bushnell R5 or Engage would be good as well, if a bit below the Leupold. Burris has slim pickins in this range, but they could be an option.

Do you have another option? If not, out of those, which would you choose?
Two good options from Burris:

Macintosh

WKR
Heck, Ive got a 1 year old trijicon credo 3-9 duplex scope Id sell for $400, cuz I really want a 1-6 on that gun.
Id look for a trijicon of some sort though, so far best bang for the buck Ive found. Europtic seems to have the best prices 99% of the time and theyve been great to deal with ime.