Sub-$400 scope for deer

jcaud

FNG
Back when I was in college, I bought a Burris Fullfield on a big sale. I’ve since upgraded on several rifles but I gotta say I really do think that Burris is one of my favorites. It’s been solid on several different guns.

GavinM

FNG
Iv picked up a couple leupold vx-3’s on gunbroker for around that $400 range before, never had any issues with them. I also have been hearing a lot about arken optics being good scopes, but no personal experience with them. Maybe something to check out.

pharmfisher

Lil-Rokslider
That’s a matter of opinion, international/ African hunters seem to trust leopold
On dangerous game
I would not buy any thing with a turret to dial in moa for LDH except a couple that
Are in the $2000-3000 price bracket ( only a few will track right when dialing a lot)
A Burris signature has been on my .300wm and it hasn’t changed in 20+ years of bouncing around in my truck
Have you seen the drop tests done on this forum? Vortex and Leupold consistently performed awful, on top of all of the personal accounts of failures. What more does it take?