Strickland Helix Broadhead or Magnus Stinger 2 blade?

rhendrix

WKR
I've decided to purchase a 2 blade broadhead for elk season, I've done a lot of research and narrowed it down to these two choices. My question is, ia two blade single bevel really superior to a two blade double beveled broadhead?

RUTTIN

WKR
DirtNap Gear makes them in both styles (single and double) they will also sell you just one broadhead to try out and see if you like them, don't know if you had looked at them.

huntography

Lil-Rokslider
Love the 125 GR Helix.

afa10965f9718ad442a673a725cd67ce.jpg

jmez

WKR
I've never used them. I bought a package of the Helix heads earlier this year to play with. They do fly well as I've shot them to 60 yards thus far and they hit right along with my Slick Trick Razor Tricks. I don't think they are as forgiving as the smaller profile heads. When I first got them they were not shooting well, and the Trick's were, but after doing some fine tuning on me and the bow problem solved.

If you believe all the Ashby stuff they are far superior than a double bevel. The concept is good but not really proven. Not sure there is a significant difference between the two. Both are good heads.

MattB

WKR
I have been happy with the Stingers I have used over the years. They fly well and are easy to resharpen. I have since switched to the VPA 3 blades for a COC head.

Haven't used the helix but the stingers have been very reliable for me. Taken 6 bulls with them. The first was with a 2 blade and had no blood trail on a heart shot. Was lucky to stumble on him 100 yds away. The rest were with 4 blades which showed better blood trails. They are easy to sharpen. Lansky would surely do the trick.

Nothing bad to say about the Magnus, but the Helix is in a different league. The flight and spiral cut due to the blade thickness and single bevel are unreal. If I were using a two blade, it would definitely be the Helix.