Stone Glacier Terminus Review

Zach Herold

Super Moderator
Staff member
I will be testing out the Stone Glacier Terminus.

My plan is to use it exclusively this year for my hunts in order to really put it through the paces and provide a great review. So far it has been on five hunts with me and I love it.

If there are any specific questions, ideas, or thoughts you would like me to address in the video, please let me know.

Thanks,

Zach

12/12/22 Update: Final video review is up here!

Attachments

• DSC01272.jpg
    DSC01272.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 167
Last edited by a moderator:

USMC-40

WKR
@zach Herold
I am an SG fan, have a Terminus but haven't used it at all yet. My question(s) would be, first, how does it pack heavy loads compared to other SG packs, and second, is the lightweight material its made from as abrasion/tear resistant as I have read?

Thank you for doing this.

I’ve been training with a Terminus for a couple months so far and will be using it on 2 sheep hunts and a goat hunt this fall.

I know for one that it is a fantastic pack. There are numerous podcasts that discuss the Epic Ultra fabrics. The Terminus isn’t made from an exclusive to SG textile, it’s used by Seek Outside, Durston Gear and others.
The fabric has impressively high abrasion numbers, well above any of the fabrics that SG has used in the past.

I believe the padding in the hip belt, as well as the shoulder straps, is more dense than the standard foam. It carry’s weight (70-120 lbs) better than my Sky 5900 on the Krux Evo frame.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
I'm interested. My Exo fills all my needs, and fits me well. But, if I can shave 2 pounds of pack weight that would be awesome, so I have been eyeing a Terminus (the SO I got just does not play well with my back). It is on the list of wants, for when I have some free cash.

sr80

WKR
I also have the terminus, and find it more comfortable under every load than previous SG packs i have owned. Love the new material, its not loud or crinkly, keeps the rain out so i wont be packing a rain cover anymore. Power pulls on the belt are great, i guess the only thing i wish it had was a sleeve inside for a water bladder.

Kotaman

WKR
I bought one right away as well. Used it on Kodiak this spring and it was everything I hoped and more. Going on a sheep hunt with it in August, and back to Kodiak in November. My other SG packs are “lonely”…

As a side note, I was not able to use the straight stays in the original Krux. The XCurve fits me like a glove, but this straight stay rendition seems to fit me ok. Much more comfortable for me than the Krux, but not quite the XCurve for me. None the less, it is a winner and I will continue to use the Terminus.

Last edited:

sr80

WKR
I bought one right away as well. Used it on Kodiak this spring and it was everything I hoped and more. Going on a sheep hunt with it in August, and back to Kodiak in November. My other SG packs are “lonely”…

As a side note, I was not able to usage straight stays in the original Krux. The XCurve fits me like a glove, but this straight stay rendition seems to fit me ok. Much more comfortable for me than the Krux, but not quite the XCurve for me. None the less, it is a winner and I will continue to use the Terminus.
bet you could slide xcurve stays into the frame sheet

Ltsheets

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve got a sheep hunt in 2024 and I’m concerned about volume. It’s a 10 day hunt. Does everyone think that with a full meat pocket, the 4800 remaining is enough??

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
I’ve got a sheep hunt in 2024 and I’m concerned about volume. It’s a 10 day hunt. Does everyone think that with a full meat pocket, the 4800 remaining is enough??
Really depends on your gear. I use a 3200 for 7 day hunts. 4800 should be plenty of spaces, especially if you have eaten down your food.

ljalberta

WKR
As someone else mentioned, it completely depends on your gear. I am packing in for 17 days with it this year. Of course, by the time 2024 rolls around, there could be many different packs you might prefer.

Ltsheets

Lil-Rokslider
As someone else mentioned, it completely depends on your gear. I am packing in for 17 days with it this year. Of course, by the time 2024 rolls around, there could be many different packs you might prefer.
While there might be new options in 2024, I want to find something I can test and be comfortable with. I dont want to be testing new gear on a hunt like that.

schmalzy

WKR
I’m bringing mine on a sheep hunt this August. Carries 55 pounds quite comfortably. I’ve trained with 85 pounds a little and although I wouldn’t call it “comfortable” I was pleased with how it handled it. Didn’t squeak and didn’t feel like it was torquing or spreading the weight out in an odd way.

akbrett

FNG
i have a terminus looking to use for a few hunts this fall. Anyone figured out a rifle sling that allows you to access your firearm with out taking your pack off?

i had seen kurt post somewhere that they were in the process of getting one developed for the terminus

ljalberta

WKR
i have a terminus looking to use for a few hunts this fall. Anyone figured out a rifle sling that allows you to access your firearm with out taking your pack off?

i had seen kurt post somewhere that they were in the process of getting one developed for the terminus
It’s on the website now. I look forward to receiving mine soon.

ofl0926

WKR
I just see the old weapon sling. Can you drop a link?

On the stone glacier website they updated the weapon to have a drop down menu now.

sr80

WKR
ive always used a kifaru gun bearer on my packs. I dont like how with the SG sling you have to strap the rifle to your pack and then throw your pack on hoping that your rifle doesn't fall off