Stone Glacier Sky packs 2014

MuleyFever,
My Sky 7400 should be here next week and I'm bow hunting (traditional two piece longbow). I have some compounds at the house though too if you'd like me to post some photos? It seems to me that if you strapped your bow to the back of the pack and used the compression straps, you could still get into the vertical zippered area if you had to. I hate a bunch of things hanging off my pack, so less is better for me, especially when bush-wacking. In terms of pockets on the Sky pack, you can run the load sling as a compression panel to stow rain gear or other items like that. Then all you need are the other handy little items/snacks in the lid.

I'll test it out and see if it'll work that way. I'm not sure what bow you have or string stabilizer, so that might impede access a little. If all you need to get is smaller items, it'll likely work. If you need to yard out a big spotting scope, slim chance the bow could stay in place as is.

Here are a couple quick photos of the pack with my bow strapped on. The bow is held on by just the two external straps without utilizing the weapon sling. Just threw this together while home at lunch. One pic is showing the rear straps and the other is a pic of utilizing the side straps.
6e3u9yba.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1399059911084.jpg

OP
K

Kurt

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
Eagle,
The hip belt pulls are sold as a pair, so you will only need to order a quantity of 1.
Thanks,
Kurt

Mtnboy

WKR
That would explain why I got 4 instead of 2, I specifically remember ordering quantity 2 ha!

16Bore

WKR
I'm soooooo sold on these packs. Gotta get my mitts on a 5100....

charvey9

WKR
Great pics, how much weight were you packing?

If you go back a page, you'll see my pack hanging on the scale at 32.12lbs with my gear list a few posts down. I was probably a little closer to 35 in the top picture because I was carrying my foxpro and a little extra food.

A few field photos of a SG 7400 under heavy weight.

Not sure what that pack weighed, but 150+ would be safe. 9' 10" Kodiak, skinned in the creek so it was soaking wet. Wasn't fun, but it worked, and I didn't have any bruising or pressure points.

A frame pack would have been nicer to strap the hide too, but once we got it on it was solid.

Yk

Ironman8

WKR
The more I see feedback like this, the more I think the Sky 5100 is the pack for me.